Hyundai Forums banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice thread !

My 2014 Awd 4 bucket seat Lwb is all over the road and the rear bottoms out a lot ! I installed a 2" class III hitch and the rear bottoming got worse but dampened the sway

a little bit . Oh , I need to carry about 50Lbs all the time and with the hitch , i think i'm almost 100 Lbs loaded past the axle.

So i'm thinking about the 7 passenger springs ? air bags seem way to much to keep changing pressure.

So you put 07-12 veracruz on your 2013 ? I wounder if that is my fix ?
any ideas ?

thanks
Just follow the advice on part numbers, etc, in this thread for the spring/coils. But I wonder if you have a more serious problem with your constant bottoming out. The weights you mention seem minimal in the big scheme of things...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is there a difference with part number 553303j010 and 553303j010DS???

I might have missed if this was explained, sorry.
Check out posts #124 and 132 in this thread by @Magnatic where he discusses those part numbers.
His take from dealer info is that the DS ones are the same from a new supplier but cheaper (at least back then in Canada) and he seemed happy with them.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe xl, 6seater
66 Posts
Check out posts #124 and 132 in this thread by @Magnatic where he discusses those part numbers.
His take from dealer info is that the DS ones are the same from a new supplier but cheaper (at least back then in Canada) and he seemed happy with them.

Thank you. I read the whole thread, and I missed that.. lol. Its been a long week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the 553303J010DS springs installed and the alignment done yesterday. The results are impressive. It raised the rear of the body as measured at the wheel well by an inch and the ride seems much more planted. It seems the 553303J010DS springs are the same as the 53303J010, just less expenisive.

Any update?? How they holding up???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got my springs in Friday, I am installing them today.. I'll let you know how it goes. Ill take a pic of the height difference too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good luck with it. Don't forget to have your wheel(s) alignment checked afterwards.

I am going to drive it for a couple days, then get it checked.

It was not too hard to do it. Took me about 1 hour with hand tools and floor jacks (and jack stands).
FYI!! you have to disconnect the sway bar links.

Sorry the pics are soo big, I couldnt shrink them.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure you have the alignment checked.

My alignment was spot on before the spring change. I had it checked after a couple of days to let things settle. One side was out slightly, other side was out pretty good.

But its been 3 days now. I dont notice any harshness, it does seem to feel move sturdy around corners.

Thanks for the tip on the springs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just want to check, If I read through all the posts, this rear spring update is for AWD only? If that is true, does anyone know what can be done for the front wheel drive Santa Fe's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just want to check, If I read through all the posts, this rear spring update is for AWD only? If that is true, does anyone know what can be done for the front wheel drive Santa Fe's.

Not it is for both, mine is a front wheel drive. They're saying that the AWD springs seem to be stronger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Springs and Michelins - great pair!

Hi there. This post on replacing the rear springs on a LWB Santa Fe with those from a Veracruz was perfectly on topic for me. I just bought a 2019 XL (same as 2018 LWB) but moved from a 4Runner that I had built with a heavily customized suspension - so was very happy to find this and have ordered the rear springs.

I saw a few people ask about upgrading/replacing the fronts but no responses - assume since they are struts it is likely not much of an option (if anyone knows?).

To JSVOB03 (or anyone).

I saw reference in this thread to replacing the stock Kumho tires with everyone's favorite Michelins and that improved the ride along with the new rear springs. I am also a die-hard fan of the Michelin Defender LTX tires (only tires I ran on my 4Runner for 15 years - long before they were re-named Defender).

Question: if you did choose the Defenders, what was your criteria for choosing the Defender over the Michelin Primacy? I was getting ready to pull the trigger on Defenders for my Santa Fe, but Primacy seems to be a strong contender in the forums. The tread life between the two is close enough for me not to care. I am all about traction in rain, light snow and dirt, and I know the Defenders can deliver, but not sure what the Primacy offers over and above?

Thoughts? I appreciate your time... thanks!

- William R.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi there. This post on replacing the rear springs on a LWB Santa Fe with those from a Veracruz was perfectly on topic for me. I just bought a 2019 XL (same as 2018 LWB) but moved from a 4Runner that I had built with a heavily customized suspension - so was very happy to find this and have ordered the rear springs.

I saw a few people ask about upgrading/replacing the fronts but no responses - assume since they are struts it is likely not much of an option (if anyone knows?).

To JSVOB03 (or anyone).

I saw reference in this thread to replacing the stock Kumho tires with everyone's favorite Michelins and that improved the ride along with the new rear springs. I am also a die-hard fan of the Michelin Defender LTX tires (only tires I ran on my 4Runner for 15 years - long before they were re-named Defender).

Question: if you did choose the Defenders, what was your criteria for choosing the Defender over the Michelin Primacy? I was getting ready to pull the trigger on Defenders for my Santa Fe, but Primacy seems to be a strong contender in the forums. The tread life between the two is close enough for me not to care. I am all about traction in rain, light snow and dirt, and I know the Defenders can deliver, but not sure what the Primacy offers over and above?

Thoughts? I appreciate your time... thanks!

- William R.
I literally just replaced the stock Kuhmo's on 19" wheels with 17" wheels and Michelin Defender LTXs (I upsized slightly to 245/65s instead of 235/65s). I am absolutely thrilled with that wheel and tire combination. Softer, quieter ride on the 17s. It doesn't handle *quite* as sharply as before, but it is more than adequate. And this is on an otherwise stock 2019 Santa Fe XL LWB -- no rear springs replaced (I don't seem to be having the same issue others are reporting). I think you meant to refer to the Michelin Premiere LTXs (instead of Primacy) vs the Defender LTXs. I had the Premiere LTXs on another vehicle in my past and they were great tires -- very quiet. The Defenders have been out longer and I think and are more thoroughly tested; both are a good choice, but I liked the tread pattern of the Defenders more than the Premieres.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the response. And I agree, I don't like the tread pattern of the Premieres (I see now they replaced the Primacys). Defenders are bomb proof and will be the way I go. I have 2000 miles on my new 2019 XL and already can't stand the Kumhos. I will stick with the 19" rims but go with the very slightly wider and taller 245/55s. They are .3" wider and .5" taller - I saw a post that someone else went with that size and didn't have any rubbing (which I wouldn't expect moving only one size up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the response. And I agree, I don't like the tread pattern of the Premieres (I see now they replaced the Primacys). Defenders are bomb proof and will be the way I go. I have 2000 miles on my new 2019 XL and already can't stand the Kumhos. I will stick with the 19" rims but go with the very slightly wider and taller 245/55s. They are .3" wider and .5" taller - I saw a post that someone else went with that size and didn't have any rubbing (which I wouldn't expect moving only one size up.
You should be happy with Defender LTXs in that size. As I said, I went with 245/65 on 17" wheels and they were about 0.4" larger on diameter than the stockers. Absolutely no rubbing anywhere even with splash guards installed. Your proposed 245/55/19 tires will be 0.1" larger on diameter than mine; you won't have rubbing issues.

I checked my speedometer against my phone's GPS with the now larger tires installed and at 60 MPH, there was less than 0.5 MPH difference between the car and phone. Theoretically, with the larger tire, the speedometer should read about 1% higher across the board, so the close agreement between them may indicate the speedo was off a little from the factory and the larger tires actually corrected it a bit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello,

I joined this forum because I was searching around about the horrible suspension in my 2018 Santa Fe AWD. It is way way too soft. I ordered the rear Veracruz springs as others have done and am waiting for them to arrive. However, I came across your post and really love the way your setup looks. Your car looks amazing!

I found the springs online from Eibach and am trying to decide if I should do what you did. Would you mind answering some questions for me?

1) what is the large space you show? Is this something else we need to order and install with the springs? Where did you get them? What is their purpose over the stock spacers?

2) did you need to change the front struts due to the shock needing to be longer?

3) could you provide any insight into the ride now?

I may have more questions, but trying to understand the basics first. Like what the thick spacer you show is for and where to get them.

Thank you! Your Santa Fe looks solid and tough. Like it should have from the factory for AWD setup.

Dan

Finished installing the whole set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this

161 - 180 of 216 Posts