Hyundai Forums banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello,

I joined this forum because I was searching around about the horrible suspension in my 2018 Santa Fe AWD. It is way way too soft. I ordered the rear Veracruz springs as others have done and am waiting for them to arrive. However, I came across your post and really love the way your setup looks. Your car looks amazing!

I found the springs online from Eibach and am trying to decide if I should do what you did. Would you mind answering some questions for me?

1) what is the large space you show? Is this something else we need to order and install with the springs? Where did you get them? What is their purpose over the stock spacers?

2) did you need to change the front struts due to the shock needing to be longer?

3) could you provide any insight into the ride now?

I may have more questions, but trying to understand the basics first. Like what the thick spacer you show is for and where to get them.

Thank you! Your Santa Fe looks solid and tough. Like it should have from the factory for AWD setup.

Dan

this
Thank you Dan, that was my whole intention. You can see my actual build thread here https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/santa-fe-camper-build-thread.625202/

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want:

1) The black spacers are to increase the rise height, nothing else. You can use the stock ones without any issues. I got both the Springs and spacers from eBay. Spacers came from a seller in Germany and the spacers from a seller in Russia.

2) No need to change the struts, you replace the springs and you are good to go.

3) Both my wife and I love it. Ride is firmer than stock but not uncomfortable. Definitely think this should be a package on the Santa Fe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I just came across these springs as an option as well. Manufactured in Korea. They are pricey, but you do get an entire set, front and rear.

Lift springs

The website seems to have a lot of accessories for the Santa Fe in general.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Careful with lifting. This vehicle is equipped with a myriad of sensors that might not work as intended when their height is changed.

That being said, if you do order from Shark Racing, please share your experience with us. Their reviews seem to be a mixed bag.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I finally got my configuration for my 2018 Santa Fe AWD figured out. I shipped the Veracruz rear springs back to the dealer. Taking a 20% restocking fee, but I think it is worth it. I found the Eibach springs online at www.tunershop.co.uk for 230 Euros, which is $255 shipped to my house in California. Great price I think for the 4 springs. I have received a 30mm rear spring spacer and a 20mm front strut spacer I ordered from Russia. They are here. I also have new KYB rear shocks and front struts - I am changing to KYB and hoping they have better control than the stock shocks/struts, which are way too soft I feel. I also ordered the camber bolts.

So my plan is to get all of this installed in the next 30 days(ish) depending upon when the springs arrive. Then I will have it aligned and get some new 17 inch wheels and more aggressive rubber. I am really excited.

Thanks to Dags and others who have shown their lifts/builds in this area. I want to get this done soon. So tired of the overly squishy rear suspension and hitting the bump stops on just about anything more then a pebble :)

I like the car otherwise and it is paid for. So I was planning to keep it - but the suspension was causing me to consider trading it in. Now, I am looking forward to driving it for a while I hope.

Will post up photos when it is all done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think I finally got my configuration for my 2018 Santa Fe AWD figured out. I shipped the Veracruz rear springs back to the dealer. Taking a 20% restocking fee, but I think it is worth it. I found the Eibach springs online at www.tunershop.co.uk for 230 Euros, which is $255 shipped to my house in California. Great price I think for the 4 springs. I have received a 30mm rear spring spacer and a 20mm front strut spacer I ordered from Russia. They are here. I also have new KYB rear shocks and front struts - I am changing to KYB and hoping they have better control than the stock shocks/struts, which are way too soft I feel. I also ordered the camber bolts.

So my plan is to get all of this installed in the next 30 days(ish) depending upon when the springs arrive. Then I will have it aligned and get some new 17 inch wheels and more aggressive rubber. I am really excited.

Thanks to Dags and others who have shown their lifts/builds in this area. I want to get this done soon. So tired of the overly squishy rear suspension and hitting the bump stops on just about anything more then a pebble :)

I like the car otherwise and it is paid for. So I was planning to keep it - but the suspension was causing me to consider trading it in. Now, I am looking forward to driving it for a while I hope.

Will post up photos when it is all done.
You are welcome! Awesome news you went full-out, you will not regret it.

It will definitely give new life to your Santa Fe just like it did to my wife’s.

Feel free to contact me with you need anything else of installation tips if you are going to DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a question for all of you: In the original post, the OP stated that the GVWR on the Vera Cruz was a little more that the Santa Fe. On my 2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate AWD, the placard states that the GVWR is 5622 lbs, 3075 lbs on the rear axle. I found some literature online stating that the Vera Cruz weighs less than what my Santa Fe is. Is this true?

Would I benefit from a rear spring upgrade using the Vera Cruz Springs, given the GVWR of my vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

ASG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were on our 3rd Santa Fe (09, 13, 17). All have been 3rd row/LWB variants. With each one ive noticed the rear suspension lacks when it comes to aupporting any sort of load. Were not talking about overloading here either. Just Filling the car with the amount of people its advertised to handle.

Ive only come across 2 solutions. Firestone airbags, and sumo springs/coil spring spacers. Neither really excited me.

I researched, compared, emailed and came up with what seems a legitimate solution. Hyundai Veracruz rear springs! Per Hyundai specs, the comparable springs (AWD model) were around 0.5 inches taller. The GVWR for the veracruz is about 500 lbs more so common sense tells me the springs would be stiffer, albeit slightly.

I emailed Hyundai. After 3 weeks of no response i called and was told to contact my local dealer for spring rate info. Yeah. I work for the local dealer . Hyundai doesnt publish speing rates.

So i pulled the trigger, and figured at worst i gotta eat the restock fee.

They work. Pictures to follow shortly.

There is a definate improvement in how it rides, and currently it sits 1.5 inches higher in the rear. I do expect it to settle in at around an inch over stock. More reviews to come once we get it loaded up a bit. I dont expect it to be perfect, but its gotta be better.

I did this to my 17 limited ultimate. If you can take off the tire you can do this job. There is only one bolt to remove after the tire is off. It's behind the brake disc at the bottom. There's a nut so you'll need 2 wrenches. Use a jack to ease removal. Line up the tabs on the car where the spring sits with the ends of the spring and put it back together with the new spring. You'll need a jack to compress the spring by pushing up to put the bolt back in but that's easy enough. I had the alignment checked and it was fine. It lifted the rear an inch plus so aiming the headlights up to compensate is the only thing that must be done. There is an easy to get at bolt for that. Google that easy process. I love the change. The ride is much better and it tows my 3200 pound camper much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently installed the 553303j010DS rear springs and kyb shocks on my 2014 xl after I found the very useful information in this thread.

Must say the difference is huge. It doesn’t bottom out all the time anymore. 5 adults and luggage is suddenly possible. Also towing a trailer is not an horror story anymore. Other cars are still more capable but I’m happy with the result.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts