Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi All,

Any chance Hyundai changed the rate of the rear springs on the 2018 Santa Fe SE Ultimate? We have had our 2018 for 3 weeks now and I have not really noticed wallowing as others have described but really have not driven it that much especially loaded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can always check with the dealer to determine the part number for the springs on a 2018 model and compare that to the part numbers mentioned in this thread.
I wouldn't say mine wallowed, but it would bottom out some times when going over bumps while towing a heavy trailer or when the third row seating was in use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Making sure before Ordering

Just want to verify that these springs 553303j010 will work on a 2017 Santa Fe SE with third row. I found them at FourGreen(dot)com Where I can get the spring s for $46.00 a piece.
Any other source suggestion or recommendations I'm all ears.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just want to verify that these springs 553303j010 will work on a 2017 Santa Fe SE with third row. I found them at FourGreen(dot)com Where I can get the spring s for $46.00 a piece.
Any other source suggestion or recommendations I'm all ears.
Thanks
Be sure to check out the $110 shipping cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of you with the 2017 XL/Limited (LWB ), did you remove the very restictive Jounce Bumper as well as the factory coil spring? I mean that thing is Huge! (In the attached pic, you can see the slim 1/2 inch of clearance with almost no additional load). Doesn't look right to me. Most vehicles don't have a Jounce Bumper... or, if they do, it's very small...

Got a quote... $200 ($160 USD) for the spring swap, and $100 ($80 USD) for the alignment.

John.
Karma17 did you remove the Jounce Bumper when installed the new springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, so far so good.

Install was a breeze, and a nice excuse to get the hands dirty. Just one bolt on the rear sway bar, and the bolts for the lower arm. Took about an hour.

I gained 1/2 inch in height. I was hoping for more, but I can see the difference. I'm not sure what the springs rates are vs the stock springs, but the ride feels good. I'm hesitant to say it's stiffer because it's probably just placebo effect.

From the ground to the fender, I'm now at 30 3/4 inches. That is with a full tank of gas and a Curt hitch.

Again, I'm a 13 FWD Limited and the springs are the AWD Veracruz, part number ending in 010.

How did you get the sway bar bolt back in, I tried on mine today and gave up. Couldn’t get the sway bar bolt to line up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sonic- this was the most aggravating part of the process, but I just jacked up the control arm until the hole was an inch away from the sway bar link, then eyeballed it from the bottom using a flashlight shining from above. Then just jacked it up little by little and going back under the car a few times to adjust the angle of the sway bar link with a precision screwdriver, moving the bolt around through the hole in the control arm until I could see everything lining up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the springs for my 18 Santa Fe SE Ultimate last week. They should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get them in!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sonic- this was the most aggravating part of the process, but I just jacked up the control arm until the hole was an inch away from the sway bar link, then eyeballed it from the bottom using a flashlight shining from above. Then just jacked it up little by little and going back under the car a few times to adjust the angle of the sway bar link with a precision screwdriver, moving the bolt around through the hole in the control arm until I could see everything lining up.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my new springs installed, added 3/4 of an inch in rear height. Had alignment completed also. Overall ride has improved and noticed decrease in body roll. Notable decrease in bounce going over speed bumps. Am definitely happy. Hyundai should have installed this spring in all 3 row Santa Fe’s from the beginning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi team, i have a 2017 ultimate AWD LWB, I just did the install with the Veracruz springs and did the combo with the Firestone airbags, I figured I might as well go all in to make sure I can minimize rear sag. Im also running bigger tires, Conti lx20s 245/55/19s which are about an inch taller than stock. The install was super easy and I'm currently showing about 1.5in lift with 10psi in the bags. I expect this to settle bit lower in the next week. The OEM springs sagged a bit after I put a Curt hitch on, I noticed the rear end sitting lower after the install of the hitch and didn't want to know how bad it would be if I had the car fully loaded along with a hitch carrier.

Waiting about 2 weeks before taking it in for a rear alignment. Everything looks pretty on spec by eyeballing it. Wish there was and option to level out the front aka coil overs.

Anyone here looking to add beefier shocks to the Santa Fe? I have not found any except some euro spec konis that they won't guarantee compaibility with the models in the US.

Love to get the rig bit more bad pavement friendly. Btw, any idea why the spare air valve is not exposed.... Must mean I need to drop it to make sure it's at 60psi....

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just finished my install.. Piece of cake.. I will do the alignment check next week..

As described by others, I used part # 55330 3J010-DS on my 2017 XL. The new springs are about 1 1/2 inch taller than the original. It raises the rear end at the tire opening to about 32" from 31".

No noticeable change in driveability.. The real test will be pulling a trailer..

Thanks for the suggestion..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi team, i have a 2017 ultimate AWD LWB, I just did the install with the Veracruz springs and did the combo with the Firestone airbags, I figured I might as well go all in to make sure I can minimize rear sag. Im also running bigger tires, Conti lx20s 245/55/19s which are about an inch taller than stock. The install was super easy and I'm currently showing about 1.5in lift with 10psi in the bags. I expect this to settle bit lower in the next week. The OEM springs sagged a bit after I put a Curt hitch on, I noticed the rear end sitting lower after the install of the hitch and didn't want to know how bad it would be if I had the car fully loaded along with a hitch carrier.

Waiting about 2 weeks before taking it in for a rear alignment. Everything looks pretty on spec by eyeballing it. Wish there was and option to level out the front aka coil overs.

Anyone here looking to add beefier shocks to the Santa Fe? I have not found any except some euro spec konis that they won't guarantee compaibility with the models in the US.

Love to get the rig bit more bad pavement friendly. Btw, any idea why the spare air valve is not exposed.... Must mean I need to drop it to make sure it's at 60psi....
I had those same airbags on an '09 SF. They worked well until one blew out after a couple of years. I took both out and am done with airbags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice thread !

My 2014 Awd 4 bucket seat Lwb is all over the road and the rear bottoms out a lot ! I installed a 2" class III hitch and the rear bottoming got worse but dampened the sway

a little bit . Oh , I need to carry about 50Lbs all the time and with the hitch , i think i'm almost 100 Lbs loaded past the axle.

So i'm thinking about the 7 passenger springs ? air bags seem way to much to keep changing pressure.

So you put 07-12 veracruz on your 2013 ? I wounder if that is my fix ?
any ideas ?

thanks

141 - 160 of 188 Posts