Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried and I failed, but thanks anyway.
In the picture above we can se completely disassembled rear seat what I don't want to do.
The question is can bench be removed or lifted without removing any screw or installation (heated seats).

·
Registered
310 Posts
I tried and I failed, but thanks anyway.
In the picture above we can se completely disassembled rear seat what I don't want to do.
The question is can bench be removed or lifted without removing any screw or installation (heated seats).

Yes, the bench can be lifted without any tools needed. It’s just a matter of lifting the bench (you have to pull up with force) where the latches are located to get the latch to release. Maybe your dealer can help you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had same rattling, but definitely coming from the hatch. Dealer tried to adjust those rubber stoppers, it only worked partially...
But I also got this idea from the forum and today put it in practice: result - silence again!
So, just stick some duct tape on those plastic liners and enjoy the silence.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am going to have to try this. Now after 15k miles I am getting a rattle. It sounds like a very light (thin) piece of tin/metallic and it rattles with very light road bumps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have finally found an answer to this problem. I purchased a used 2016 hyundai Tucson limited and began hearing the rattling during the test drive but just though that there was something in the spare tire compartment. I have tried all other solutions (rear hatch, felt, buckling all seat belts etc) with out success. Placing the back seat down does resolve the issue but then I don't have a back seat any longer.

So in the back seat passenger side the seatbelt that the passenger clicks into is the source of the rattling. If you remove the rear seat you will see that the seatbelt is allowed to freely move up and down. This movement allows the buckle to tap on a bolt that lays directly below it (see picture). That is what is making the taping rattling sound when going over any small bump. That is why putting the seat in the down position or placing weight on the seat help because it limits this movement.

My solution is to find a moderately thick rubber washer that fits the 1/2" bolt. However Home Depot did not have any so I simply looped a rubber band around the bolt several times to act as a washer. I then reassembled the seatbelt using a #15 wrench and before completing the final turns lifted the buckle all the way up to avoid any further contact with the bolt below. I have included pictures. I hope they are clear and help you. I really do like this car minus the 7 speed transmission but I was on the verge of selling it for something else because of this rattling.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tried a couple different things on mine but I still have it. I did notice that it gets better if I put the rear seatback down so it must be the same noise that Ryan had, even though it sounds to my ears like it is all the way back at the rear hatch. Instead of putting a washer on that bolt would it work to put some felt or cushion at the bottom of the buckle where it contacts the bolt? How do you remove the rear seat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to pop and say thank you to those who posted their solutions to this issue. I just picked up a new Tucson last week and had the noise in the back from day one. Luckily, a half-turn on the rubber stoppers solved the issue.

I don't have time to go to the dealer with little noise issues and wait around for them to troubleshoot. And being a new owner, I wouldn't have thought about that bumper piece, so thanks again for the help! :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i believe im experiencing the same thing. to me the sound is like a thumping or knocking when i drive over small bumps in road, even at slow speeds.. sound is coming from rear passenger side. ive tried closing door better, making sure seats are locked in, checked if seat belt is loose and nothing. the noise is not noticeable if i turn on radio, but it is driving me bonkers when i hear it. I was thinking of adding sound dampening material to the wheel well cuz it sorta sounds like the shock bottoming out as if i drove over a pot hole and the wheel sunk all way down.
tbomun I read your post about the rattle u experienced in your Tucson 2016. I have a 2017 Tucson Premier and what you described sounds exactly what I have. Wondered if you found a solution.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am glad I saw this thread. My 2018 Limited has a tapping/rattle coming from either the tailgate or headliner. Sitting in the back seat you can hear it coming from behind you up high on the passenger side. My car is less than a month old and I have all the plastic pieces off the tailgate trying to find it. I am going to try turning out the rubber stoppers and putting something on the strikers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a 2014 Limited and have been battling this noise for several years. Have taken it to the dealer and one one occasion after 3 hours of looking at the car, Tech did actually work on it for 3 hours, they told me my rear seat was not latched and sent me on my way. As I drove out the dealership, it continued to make the same **** rattling sound. Dealer was useless.

I did notice this afternoon that the pathetic plastic nuts securing the inner fender liners on the right rear will not tighten. They will snug finger tight, but try and tighten them any more and they just turn like as if they were cross-threaded CHEAP plastic tabs.

UGH!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe that the situation is known. The following is in regards to Kia Sportage same family as Tuscon.

NHTSA ID Number: 10133175
Manufacturer Communication Number: PS551
Summary
PITSTOP - RATTLE NOISE FROM REAR OF THE VEHICLE (PS551) - This Pitstop contains information regarding a rattle type noise heard from the rear of the vehicle when closing a door or trunk on some 2016MY-2018MY vehicles

I also had this problem and it was solved by doing the following and it works no more noise

Look at post #22

·
Registered
4 Posts
kopetdag, opps, I missed that this was 2016- Tucson/ix35 Models. I was both excited and frustrated to see I was not the only one experiencing this issue and that is has been going on since the 2010 models

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe that the situation is known. The following is in regards to Kia Sportage same family as Tuscon.

NHTSA ID Number: 10133175
Manufacturer Communication Number: PS551
Summary
PITSTOP - RATTLE NOISE FROM REAR OF THE VEHICLE (PS551) - This Pitstop contains information regarding a rattle type noise heard from the rear of the vehicle when closing a door or trunk on some 2016MY-2018MY vehicles

I also had this problem and it was solved by doing the following and it works no more noise

Look at post #22

Yes, post #22 shows a pic worthing more than words. That was also my solution and no more rattling since then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same rattle noise and tried all the suggestions with no luck. I happened to be replacing the mats with All Weather mats and when I bent to cut them, I noticed bolts that hold the liner above the tire that were loose. I tighten them all the vehicle and have not heard the rattle since. Hope this helps.
thank you for this picture. my tucson has 31,000 miles on it and the rattle has been happening for about a month. driving me nuts trying to figure where its coming from. sounds similar to a bad shock. however, thanks to this forum and your post, I noticed my wheel well screws were very loose. tightening those up fixed my rattle. 2015 tucson limited. life is good again lol

81 - 99 of 99 Posts