Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. My wife just got a new Tucson Sport a couple of days ago. We love the car, but I've been noticing an occasional rattle coming from the back. I've only been in the car a handful of times so far but it almost sounds like it might be the tailgate. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
I have the 2016 model and I have a very annoying rattle noise in the back of mine, so far it has been back 3 times and keeps coming back so i think it is something losening off. It has been back today and the garage cant hear it, i bloody can

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Tucson Rattle

I too have been experiencing this rattle from the back of the Tucson. I just purchased the 2017 Tucson Se and noticed the rattle as I drove it off the dealer lot. I have had it into the dealer once already in which I went out with the tech to figure out where it was coming from. It was narrowed down to the rear tailgate and some adjustments were made to the tailgate and the rattle largely resolved. However I continue to notice the rattle occasionally going over large bumps. There are two rubber bumpers on either side of the tailgate which can be adjusted outward by turning the tips counterclockwise. This will bring the tailgate out towards the rear and force the lock mechanism to sit tighter with the loop on the floor of the trunk. You could try to adjust this yourself or have the dealer tech do it. I hope this is all that is required to fix this annoying rattle. This seems to be a manufacture quality issue that should be addressed by Hyundai as a new vehicle should not have such issues to be dealt with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2017 and I have the same sound, has there been any clear solution yet, my Tucson isn't even a week old and I thought the sound was just in my head...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own a 2017 and I have the same sound, has there been any clear solution yet, my Tucson isn't even a week old and I thought the sound was just in my head...
Had two separate noises, got both resolved, took 8 months, but no more noises.

One was a flapping sort of noise, that was the air intake vents at the back beside the trunk. Replaced them, no more noise.

The other was a ticking/rattle coming from behind the passenger seat. Factory missed punching the holes in the weld spots. Once they were fixed, noise stopped. No noise for about a month so I'm happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had two separate noises, got both resolved, took 8 months, but no more noises.

One was a flapping sort of noise, that was the air intake vents at the back beside the trunk. Replaced them, no more noise.

The other was a ticking/rattle coming from behind the passenger seat. Factory missed punching the holes in the weld spots. Once they were fixed, noise stopped. No noise for about a month so I'm happy.

Hey Michael, sorry to bother you bro I'm getting the same rattling noise can you point me to the right direction it's been about 2 months and it's annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I am having the same rattling issues with my 2017 Tucson SE. I am hearing it coming from the back seats. They thought it was the seat belts but it definitely isn't. Sounds like a bolt inside the seat. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I am having the same rattling issues with my 2017 Tucson SE. I am hearing it coming from the back seats. They thought it was the seat belts but it definitely isn't. Sounds like a bolt inside the seat. Anyone else experience this?

Hey having the same issue taking it to Hyundai Saturday hopefully they can tell me what it is

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, add me to the list. It's been a flutter-type rattle that started in November after I had the back seats down for the first time for a trip to Home Depot.

It sounds like it's coming from inside the seat back (back passenger side seat). I've been experimenting with different seat back positions - totally down the rattle goes away.

I'll bring it up when I go to the dealer next and follow this thread. The funny part is that the rattle started right at the time the dealer fixed a rattle in the headliner. Still love my Tucson. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me know what they say. Mine thought it was the seatbelts originally.
After even adjusting the seats the noise is still there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
problem solved

Hey everyone. My wife just got a new Tucson Sport a couple of days ago. We love the car, but I've been noticing an occasional rattle coming from the back. I've only been in the car a handful of times so far but it almost sounds like it might be the tailgate. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I too have had this same problem, and tried all sorts of things to no avail, the problem is the rear latch connecting with the striker, (metal on metal), also adjustment of the two rubber stops on either side of the hatch should be adjusted evenly on both sides, I did mine approximately two full turns out, hyundai should have put a plastic sleeve over the striker , I have had this problems on older jeeps as well, to determine if this was the problem I wrapped the striker with about 1/8 " of duck tape . And woo hoo this solved the problem.This should be an update for Hyundai to consider. I'am now enjoying my Tucson greatly. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(2016 TUCSON REAR HATCH RATTLE ) ,I too have had this same problem, and tried all sorts of things to no avail, the problem is the rear latch connecting with the striker, (metal on metal), also adjustment of the two rubber stops on either side of the hatch should be adjusted evenly on both sides, I did mine approximately two full turns out, hyundai should have put a plastic sleeve over the striker , I have had this problems on older jeeps as well, to determine if this was the problem I wrapped the striker with about 1/8 " of duck tape . And woo hoo this solved the problem.This should be an update for Hyundai to consider. I'am now enjoying my Tucson greatly. hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
(2016 TUCSON REAR HATCH RATTLE ) ,I too have had this same problem, and tried all sorts of things to no avail, the problem is the rear latch connecting with the striker, (metal on metal), also adjustment of the two rubber stops on either side of the hatch should be adjusted evenly on both sides, I did mine approximately two full turns out, hyundai should have put a plastic sleeve over the striker , I have had this problems on older jeeps as well, to determine if this was the problem I wrapped the striker with about 1/8 " of duck tape . And woo hoo this solved the problem.This should be an update for Hyundai to consider. I'am now enjoying my Tucson greatly. hope this helps.

Hey Lebu do you have picture of what you did would greatly appreciate just to get an idea!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Add my Tucson to the list of rear passenger seat rattles. I have resorted to driving with the seat folded down, which stops the rattle. Mine is not the rear hatch door. It is not the seat belts. It is the rear passenger side seat. Has anyone found a real permanent fix to this problem? I plan to take it to my Hyundai Service Department but I would rather not have to re-invent the wheel. If anyone's Hyundai service department has identified the problem and found a fix I would really appreciate that information. Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I found a fix for my rattle so wanted to share. The idea came from a guy who posted on the Kia Sportage forum...

Here's the link (see posts 5 and 6 from member hmeh):

http://www.kia-forums.com/#/topics/267722?page=1

The solution is to put some felt under the middle (and in my case back passenger) seat. You do this by detaching and lifting the seat bench (very easy to do) and placing some sheets of felt on the bench once the seats are lifted.

There are four latches that keep the seat bottom in place, two in the front and one on each side. If you run your finger under the bottom of the front of the seat you'll feel where the latch is and you just pull up and it pops out. Once the front latches are disengaged it's easy to disengage the side ones. At that point the seat bottom lifts all the way up.

I put two sheets of felt under the middle seat toward the back and put four sheets of felt under the back passenger seat, also toward the back.

Apparently the rattle happens because the seat bench is hitting the seat back causing it to vibrate. This also explains why lowering the seat back eliminates the rattle (in my case). The felt seems to make the seat bench have better contact with the seat back so there's less room for vibration.

I've had two quiet morning drives to work so I'm hopeful this is a permanent fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

I can confirm rattling or squeaking sounds come from back seats from Tucson EU model with heated leather seats.
In normal, upright, position rattling is more often but it can occur in different seat positions, folded or leaned back.
If the car is fully occupied, no rattling/squeaking.
If you drive the car to the dealership, no rattling, of course...

Advice from KIA forum doesn't work - it is not easy to remove seats and the link isn't working anymore.
So, the question is:
How lower part of the seat (seat itself) can be removed and inserted back, or tightened?
Can the trim from the back side of the upper part of the seat be removed in order to put some material around inner metal parts, springs etc?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Advice from KIA forum doesn't work - it is not easy to remove seats and the link isn't working anymore.
So, the question is:
How lower part of the seat (seat itself) can be removed and inserted back, or tightened?

The link still works for me. I found it easy to lift the seat bench. If you run a finger under the bottom edge of the seat in the front you’ll feel where the seat latches to the base (one on the driver’s side and one on the passenger side). Just pull up and the seat will unlatch. Then do the two on each side of the seat bench facing the back doors.

This allows you to lift the seat bench up and from there you can look around and decide what you want to do.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can you please post a photo where to insert a finger, I managed to hit something sharp on both sides :)
Thanks!

I’m traveling now (not in my car) but this pic is from the Kia forum and on the Tucson the latches are in roughly the same location... the red circles...

61 - 80 of 99 Posts