Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only have 2800 miles but am very happy with my car. Just wanted to counterpoint some of the negativity around here! Im not saying the negativity is unfounded, by the way. Just happy to say I'm very happy with my car and have zero issues with it (so far). Anyone else? ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
No problems here. Seats are very comfortable to us, drives straight and true, no rattles, and gets great gas mileage. Very pleased with the car.

·
Registered
486 Posts
>>>>>>2011 Phantom YF GLS with MANual Trans, Born Aug 9, 2010 | 32% Tint | Shark Solid Strut Bar | 55w 5k HIDs | Dayton 3/4" Tweeters in Dash | 12" Alpine Sub w/ 250w PPI | Mud Guards | "NO" Re badge ;)>>>>>>>>>

RobspeedGLS, Thanks for opening a great positive thread. Like your tag line and that you haven't had any problems with your late production Sonata.

·
Registered
817 Posts
"Zero Problems, Loving My Car, anyone else?"

Well, I would probably like your car, but love it, nah -

I'm quite happy with mine!

:grin:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Dec 9 2010, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378426
>>>>>>2011 Phantom YF GLS with MANual Trans, Born Aug 9, 2010 | 32% Tint | Shark Solid Strut Bar | 55w 5k HIDs | Dayton 3/4" Tweeters in Dash | 12" Alpine Sub w/ 250w PPI | Mud Guards | "NO" Re badge ;)>>>>>>>>>

RobspeedGLS, Thanks for opening a great positive thread. Like your tag line and that you haven't had any real problems with your early production Sonata.

Thanks and I actually fall into "later release" category as defined by the major structural/safety upgrade that happened in July '010, and before another revision in September. Before July 2 is the "early release" and after September 7 is the "latest release".

See:

http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/ncap-2...rly_Release.htm (up to July 2, 2010)

http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/ncap-2...ter_Release.htm (July 2, through Sept 7, 2010)

http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/ncap-2...est_Release.htm (after Sept 7, 2010)

·
1,914 Posts
I absolutely love my car. My only compalints are the seat cushion not being long enough and 2 rattles that developed around 500 miles. 2 weeks ago my tire pressure light flashed for about 2 minutes then went off and it did it again last friday night. Today is friday, so I wonder if it will happen again.

I still love my car. I'm an SUV person having owned 3 Santa Fe's and sure I miss them, but I don't regret trading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Dec 10 2010, 05:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378469
I absolutely love my car. My only compalints are the seat cushion not being long enough and 2 rattles that developed around 500 miles. 2 weeks ago my tire pressure light flashed for about 2 minutes then went off and it did it again last friday night. Today is friday, so I wonder if it will happen again.

I still love my car. I'm an SUV person having owned 3 Santa Fe's and sure I miss them, but I don't regret trading.

I have 4,000 miles and I've had the car for 4 months. No problems to report at this time and I really like the car. I've had SUVs for 15 years and the car has been excellent. I have a Limited with NAV and the features are fantastic for the price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
me too. 10,000 miles and no problem. satisfied with my car ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
turned 5000 miles this morning on the way into work.... :clap:

i'm happy with mine!!!! :banana: :460: :amen:

·
Registered
343 Posts
+1 on the 'me-likey' thing. I knew the risks of purchasing a first year, new from the ground up vehicle, yet I still selected it over the other usual suspects when I purchased it in March. Almost 9K miles in, I had one climate conrol button that was a little sticky that cleared up by itself and a little pop and rattle from the dash sometimes. All in all, I'll take that if that's all I have to complain about.

I will say that those who are experiencing issues should be adamant with their dealer and Hyundai on the repair. My wife and I had a lemon of a minivan when we purchased it almost 10 years ago. After having it in the shop for 3 consecutive weeks with the transmission going into limp-mode, the dealer actually upped the ante and agreed to an MSRP-to-MSRP swap. We ended up getting a better equiped van and the dealer kept our business. Lemons can and do happen, even with our beloved Sonatas. As for me, right now, 9 months later, I still smile every time I drive the car.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Its only been a week, but I have nothing I would describe as a problem. The worst I can come up with are a couple of nitpicks, but ALL cars will have nitpicks. I absolutely love my car, and after about a year of research, I have absolutely zero buyers regret!

To anyone reading these forums, remember that the majority of owners do not register on an Internet forum to bring their issues to light. Our users have an un-characteristically high amount of problems compared to the general population. This is something that is normal for ANY Internet Forum.

Hyundai has had a great reputation for years, and with the 2011 Sonata, now they are making great cars that LOOK great too! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
12k miles, no rattles, early production, 28 mpg, no audio problems, everything is perfect, never taken to the dealer besides for the steering recall.

Positivity goes a long way, those constantly flowing with negative energy and anticipating problems are usually the ones who get the most problems. Laws of attraction, that's my philosophy on life anyways.

Be positive and live a stress fee life, it's just a car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Dec 10 2010, 08:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378495
12k miles, no rattles, early production, 28 mpg, no audio problems, everything is perfect, never taken to the dealer besides for the steering recall.

Positivity goes a long way, those constantly flowing with negative energy and anticipating problems are usually the ones who get the most problems. Laws of attraction, that's my philosophy on life anyways.

Be positive and live a stress fee life, it's just a car.

I like this guy :)

I too have no problem with my 2.0T cept XM radio is sucking. otherwise problem free

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 This car has got to be among the best value-for-your-money cars on the market today. I've had American, German and Japanese vehicles in the past, some of which cost double what I paid for my Limited and I would still call this the best car I've ever bought.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had my new 2011 2.4L Limited (w/o Nav) for a couple of weeks. Just two a 3 day business trip, putting on about 400 miles, and found the car comfortable and a complete pleasure to drive for hours at a time. Averaging better than 30 mpg over the past week (2nd tank). No rattles, squeaks, no steering issues, no legs falling asleep, etc. Satellite radio combined with the Limited's sound system - excellent.

The ONLY thing that's not right is voice recognition with my cell phone. Not griping here, as I'm loving the car. I'll pursue the phone issue with the dealer, but overall, I am incredibly pleased with the car -- and I don't my the 06 BMW X3 that I traded in toward the Sonata at all. My YF is black with a gray interior, and is, simply, a great car.

- Jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
I only have 700 miles on mine and not one problem. I love everything about this car, it looks better than the Volkswagen CC, Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW IMHO! Especially the price for what we paid for it. I just wished that we could put all the aftermarket parts like suspension, HID's without losing the warranty in those areas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts