Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sonata Owners...How would you describe your satisfaction with your 2011 Hyundai Sonata?

5- Extremely Satisfied
4- Satisfied
3- Neutral
2- Dissatisfied
1- Extremely Dissatisfied

Explain! :liebe011:

*I wanted to make this into a poll but I guess I don't have the authority.

·
Registered
854 Posts

1. Low Price.
2. Bigger than rest in class.
3. Gas mileage!!!!!
4. Looks awesome!! Inside and out!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'd give it a 4. Too much road/suspension noise detracts from the overall experience. It's a great car for the money, but it is what it is. Compromises were made to keep costs down and fuel economy up.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334169
I'd give it a 4. Too much road/suspension noise detracts from the overall experience. It's a great car for the money, but it is what it is. Compromises were made to keep costs down and fuel economy up.
You've never had a sports car or convertible have you? :bwekk:

Compared to my mr2 spyder my car is very quiet!

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jun 18 2010, 12:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334173
You've never had a sports car or convertible have you? :bwekk:

Compared to my mr2 spyder my car is very quiet!
Yea, I have. But it's been a long long time. My last 6 cars have all been in this same class, mid-size sedans. I expect the Sonata to be comparable to them and suspension-wise, it's not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I give it a 5. I came from an '01 V6 Passat. My SE is not quite as tight and firm, but very close. It soaks up the bumps better, even with the 18" wheels, but it has a bit more "slop" in transitions.

All else is great - comfort, power, MPG, etc.

·
Banned
630 Posts
I am satisfied for what it cost and what I got...but then again...afterall I did buy myself a lexus, did I not?

·
Registered
564 Posts
For me the answer would be "Neutral".

My car has developed too many rattles and creaks too soon. They are really starting to detract from the enjoyment of the car. I am just about to hit 2,000 miles and will give the car another 2,000 to settle in. If the interior noises persist, I will need to have the dealer start sorting them out.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
^^^ Hey Ryster, what part of southeastern PA are you in?

I personally absolutely love my SE. It was perfect for me. 18" wheels, leather bolstered interior, push button start, proximity key, bluetooth, USB connectivity, sport tuned suspension, sporty looks all in a family sedan which I need. I mean you can't beat it. I'm at 5+ on mine. Haven't noticed any interior rattles on mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I give mine a 5. I have yet to find anything I really don't like about this car.

I've owned everything from trucks (Ford & Dodge), SUVs (Ford), to sports cars (Ford again), small cars including coupes and sedans. This is the first honestly mid-size car that I've owned. Overall, it beats anything I've ever owned. From the styling inside and out, to gas mileage, fit and finish, paint and options. I've owned a VW Fox, Chrysler Laser, Datsun something-or-other, Renault Alliance convertible, 2 Ford Rangers, a Dodge Dakota, Ford ZX2, Nissan Sentra, Ford Bronco, Ford Mustang (06 GT), Ford Freestyle, Mazda Mazdaspeed 3, Jeep Liberty, Audi A4, Ford Expedition, and Saab 93 before this. While some were faster, the Mustang was nice but impractical, the Mazdaspeed was too small, some were gas guzzlers, some were overpriced European trash, some were Japanese trash, some were American trash. None, in my opinion, comes close to the classiness, build quality, options and looks of the Sonata for anywhere near the price.

Just my $.02! :grin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts