Hyundai Forums banner

Your On-line Workshop Manual

77K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  Nine of Seven 
#1 ·
Many people do not realise that Hyundai U.S.A. have provided a free online Workshop Manual for all the Hyundai models that are sold in America.

To use this click :-
http://www.hmaservice.com/authenticator/lo...h%2Fdefault.asp
Register (Internet Explorer required).....log-on; click `Service Information` & enter your car`s details & click the `Shop` tab.

It might be an idea to bookmark this to your favourites........& remember you can print off sections (or the whole manual!) as required.

Cheers,
Nick. :)

#4 ·
Sorry, the site is unique & only covers models which are imported into the U.S.A..

The engine details for late-model Accents will help 1.6 Getz owners however, as the powerplants (Alpha II) will likely be the same or very similar.

Nick.

#5 ·
Thanks for info about on-line workshop manual!!! Very helpful.

BTW - is the entire manual available in pdf format etc, so I don't have to go on-line everytime I need to check something ??? VALKYRIE YB70 seemd to indicate it is, but I can't find a way to dopwnload the whole manual from the website

THanks for any help on this.

I've just bought a 1997 Accent - stock standard and running extremely well with 92000km on it

Cheers,
Dave (South Africa)

#6 ·
Originally posted by VALKYRIE YB70@Dec 12 2005, 11:56 AM
Many people do not realise that Hyundai U.S.A. have provided a free online Workshop Manual for all the Hyundai models that are sold in America.
To use this click :-
http://www.hmaservice.com/authenticator/lo...h%2Fdefault.asp
Register (Internet Explorer required).....log-on;  click  `Service Information` & enter your car`s details & click the `Shop` tab.
It might be an idea to bookmark this to your favourites........& remember you can print off sections (or the whole manual!) as required.
Cheers,
Nick. :)
[snapback]25177[/snapback]​

Question: What is the difference between SHOP, ETM, TS, etc? in HMASERVICE?

Thanks

Disidente

#10 ·
Thanks for the link Nick! This is a great site. I have the shop manual for my car, which is much easier to navigate and review than this website, but if you don't wanna spend $50 this site is heaven! I really didn't want to spend $50 for the Electrical manual, and it's on this site!! Hooray!

For users with link trouble, just go here and sign up for a free account:
http://www.hmaservice.com/

BTW: This site apparently works better in Internet Explorer, unfortunately. I have a add-on for firefox though that allows me to render the tab using IE, so I'm still using firefox baby!

#13 ·
I don't see any information for 1999 and older models on the site. Am I missing something, or did they take the old models off the site? i have a 1999 accent and I remember using this site a few years ago. thanks

Never mind, I found it under accent (x3). Moderator, you can delete this reply

#15 ·
I tried the HMAService site, but it doesn't give any detail.

I am replacing the brake pads and rotors on my daughter's 1999 Hyundai Tiburon and would like good instuctions on how to go about it. Does anyone have knowledge about this repair? She doesn't have the $428 CDN it will cost at Midas, so I bought the parts and want to do it myself.

#16 ·
Fantastic stuff!!! Five minutes after registering I found the answer to a problem that has been messing with my head for days. My sons 1997 Sonata 2 liter DOHC has a bum clutch, and after ringing numerous aftermarket spare parts places, I was maddened by the same answer..."They show two clutches for them...one of 225mm diameter and one of 205mm diameter...which one is it? You'll have to pull it out and let us know".
One look at the Hyundai parts website and I quickly found that the 1997 2ltr DOHC has the 225mm clutch, and the earlier ones had a 205mm clutch.

Now I know which one to order.

All thanks to this amazing website! Thanks a bunch guys!!! :banana:

#19 ·
i bought a innova 3100 , and im just wondering which model am i spose to choose in the menu

when i connect it to the car it starts , then it says there is no powertrain dtc on here blabla,then it says goto enhanced dtcs, so i press that since its the only option then theres only 3 types of models

chrysler/jeep
honda/acura
toyota/something else i forget.

but anyway there isnt hyundai, now ive tried all the options to find the enhanced dtcs of the hyundai but nothing shows up even wen i hav a engine light on.
i can clear the engine light but i wana see wat code is there.

any ideas ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.