Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to run a harness connector which is about 0.25" diameter from cabin to the hood. I've tried a suggested by FlatLand2D post but the wire is too big for the hole. Here is his pic:

Does anyone have any other ways? Thank you!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I ran my heavy duty subwoofer cable up thru the corner near the driver side mirror. Took off the black plastic trim near the mirror and ran thru there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ran my power wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall that resides behind the glove box. You can see the grommet from the hood if you look just a bit left of dead center of the firewall.

You need to remove the glove box to get at it (same process as changing the cabin air filter). Lots of room there as you can just push the grommet to the side and put your wire through if it doesn't fit. I believe this grommet is also already scored on the top and bottom so it makes it easier to push the wire through.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I drilled the hole out a bit bigger for mine and then bought a rubber grommet for it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I ran my power wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall that resides behind the glove box. You can see the grommet from the hood if you look just a bit left of dead center of the firewall.

You need to remove the glove box to get at it (same process as changing the cabin air filter). Lots of room there as you can just push the grommet to the side and put your wire through if it doesn't fit. I believe this grommet is also already scored on the top and bottom so it makes it easier to push the wire through.
x2 on this one.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
hmmm. maybe i can do this for my LED fogs and get them switched :D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

Same here. Take note of the red wire with the yellow ziptie.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, all. I will give it a try tomorrow. Hopefully the wire is long enough for me to run it from the passenger side to where I want it to be instead of driver side.

·
22,788 Posts
Thank you, all. I will give it a try tomorrow. Hopefully the wire is long enough for me to run it from the passenger side to where I want it to be instead of driver side.
If not, I'd recommend a longer wire, same AWG, instead of a splice...if at all possible. I'm not a fan of splicing a wire just for the sake of lengthening it. Just a quirk of mine. My theory is it's one less thing to deal with and worry about before, during, or afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts