Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating a post so I can keep track of things found for 5G YF body Sonata's.
Had one of these in my old car club hyundai

·
Banned
630 Posts

this right here is the ticket!!! this will help us tremendously in the twisties and overall ride quality..

where can I get one?

EDIT: i didn't realize it took all the pix together...I am referring to the orange bar under the car

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey NT2SHBBY -

What is that exactly?

The other three images below the "orange" bar appear to be a strut bar.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jul 29 2010, 09:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345831
Hey NT2SHBBY -

What is that exactly?

The other three images below the "orange" bar appear to be a strut bar.

QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 29 2010, 09:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345832
It tightens up your car for twisties!

it's a subframe brace....tightens up the front end CONSIDERABLY depending upon its final mounting points. In my old 2k3 maxima, we had special subframe connectors that connected front to back. it made the whole car "go-kartish" because everything hit bumps evenly...it really made the whole car feel connected and planted.

With the subframe brace, a STB, coilovers and good sticky rubber, my maxima used to hit turns at 80mph marked for 20mph with zero tire squeal.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 29 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345840
it's a subframe brace....tightens up the front end CONSIDERABLY depending upon its final mounting points. In my old 2k3 maxima, we had special subframe connectors that connected front to back. it made the whole car "go-kartish" because everything hit bumps evenly...it really made the whole car feel connected and planted.

With the subframe brace, a STB, coilovers and good sticky rubber, my maxima used to hit turns at 80mph marked for 20mph with zero tire squeal.
Yup. Had one on the mr2 spyder. **** already felt like a go cart, felt like a REAL go cart after the custom fitted brace. Man I miss driving that car.

You can easily fabricate one, or get one fabricated.

·
Registered
673 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 29 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345840
Hey Shark Racing....you paying attention.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Yup I would be on board for some SFC's if the cost isn't ridiculous. Cant get to crazy, wife will get mad as she likes the mushy ride. LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts