Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I went through the forums and noticed a few people ran into this issue. I noticed yesterday that my driver's side low beam stopped working. All the other lights are fine though.

I swapped that bulb out with an older one that I had (it wasn't brand new, but it was working when I pulled it out in the first place). I actually didn't pull the headlight from the car when I did this, but I managed to do it in that very confined space (which means that the probability of damaging the bulb is a lot higher).

I read a lot about the "relay" going bad. If that could be a reason for one of the two low-beams to die, how can I check that relay? What exactly am I looking for? Is it in the fuse box under the hood?

Cheers

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
No mention of year or your location, so let's hope the markings on the box stay the same across models (please add to your profile!)

There are indeed two separate relays for the low beams, one for each side. Under the hood in the box, look for H/LP LO LH (driver's side unless you're in UK or whatever - location HELPS!) and H/LP LO RH (passenger side). Swap them. If the problem switches sides, you'll know the relay was bad.

If that doesn't work, I'd take a meter to the old replacement bulb and check for continuity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts