Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story...

The other day a couple of people I know were on a mission to rescue a wrecked jeep at the top of a huge mountan, so they went off roading with another jeep to get it and take it back down... Then that jeep's motor wouldn't start. Unfortunately, it was up at the top of the mountan when the motor went out.

So today, we went on an adventure to rescue the 2nd broken down jeep.  We got to the top of the mountan, put the jeep in nutural and coasted it down.  It was pretty scary. No power steering, no motor, terrible breaks.  There were so many places were we could have fell down a steep cliff, but we had to maintain speed, so we could get up and over all of the little up hill areas.  But we made it to just about the bottom before we were stuck at a huge rut.  We couldn't push it, and we were sooooo close.

But then when all hope seemed to be lost...

HYUNDAI ACCENT     TO THE RESCUE!

I toed the jeep out of the muddy, slushy rut, and brought it to safety!

[attachment=20242:0912001739.jpg]  [attachment=20243:0912001739a.jpg]  [attachment=20244:0912001739b.jpg]

Those pictures were taken after I toed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
towed*

and yeah when i first got my accent i had to tow my friends integra from a city about ~45 minutes away

·
Registered
268 Posts
That first gear with the manual probably helps a lot in being able to tow some, although as a personal opinion I would not do it too much: a lot of strain on such a small motor :gitara: .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice!

If you ever have to coast another jeep down a mountain, do it in first gear, not neutral. The engine compression will keep the speed low, even with the engine off!

I keep a recovery strap in my car at all times, after I pulled a Crown Vic out of a snowbank with my old Subaru Forester using a ratchet-strap.

Good job!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha. Yea.  I don't plan on doing it often.

The jeep was an automatic.  Kinda' blew.  If it  had manual transmission, I might have been able to try and roll it and start it in neutural. Oh well.

It made me feel great about this little car. Not that I don't already. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mine towed a Sebring 200 highway km, once the minitruck originally towing started running low on fuel - don't ask, ******** will do as they see fit.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
So far I have towed a volvo 850 and a ford aerostar lx....that last one wasn't even funny, it felt my trans was going to give up on me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts