Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my family just bought a venetian red SE, but I havent been able to see it yet. My dad stated they put on yellow pinstriping :mellow:

Does anyone have pictures with the same pinstriping on a SE?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Pinstriping is something a dealer does. It wouldnt come that way from the factory and based on how ugly that looks when I try to picture it in my head, I seriously doubt any other red car out there would have yellow pinstriping.

Are you sure its not a white pinstriping and your dad saw it under some type of strange fluorescant lighting which made it appear yellow? I cant imagine that any dealer would sully such a beautiful car that way.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Apr 23 2010, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315927
Pinstriping is something a dealer does. It wouldnt come that way from the factory and based on how ugly that looks when I try to picture it in my head, I seriously doubt any other red car out there would have yellow pinstriping.

Are you sure its not a white pinstriping and your dad saw it under some type of strange fluorescant lighting which made it appear yellow? I cant imagine that any dealer would sully such a beautiful car that way.
Probably a gold stripe to go with the camel interior

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Apr 23 2010, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315937
Oh! I guess I could see that.

I remember several years ago I bought a new Honda Accord, and the dealer had several Accords on the lot with the "Premium Gold Package" where they must have gotten aftermarket Gold Plated HONDA and ACCORD badges and put all these gold accents on the car. It looked TERRIBLE to me. Then again, in the area where I live, theres probably a bunch of people who like that sort of thing...

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Apr 23 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315937
The Venetian Red SE has a black interior. The GLS has the camel interior.

My opinion. . . have the dealership remove it and make sure they don't try to charge you for it. These are the type of items that often go on the dealership's addendum sticker which is where dealerships try to jack the unknowing consumer for an additional grand or so for low cost items and increase their bottom line. I'm sure some dealerships don't charge, but I know all the dealerships in my area have these addendum stickers. Also, there is absolutely no need for a pinstripe on this car. The lines flow beautifully as is!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Personally, I can't imagine any style or color pinstripe on our 2011's. I think the overall design and OE trim is great and pinstriping would only detract from the "clean" look. But, to each his own.

Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts