Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey....I am installing my HID's this weekend but do not want to get HID fog lights. I was thinking about going with yellow halogen fog light bulbs H8 to contrast the HID's, similar to what Lexus does, but i'm having a hard time finding. Any opinions on how this would look or where I can get those bulbs? thanks.

·
Registered
673 Posts
QUOTE (J-res @ Nov 10 2010, 02:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370568
Hey....I am installing my HID's this weekend but do not want to get HID fog lights. I was thinking about going with yellow halogen fog light bulbs H8 to contrast the HID's, similar to what Lexus does, but i'm having a hard time finding. Any opinions on how this would look or where I can get those bulbs? thanks.
Doc V tinted his fogs. Looks good too. Here's the thread.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...ow+tint+on+fogs

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
QUOTE (J-res @ Nov 10 2010, 03:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370568
Try yellow lamin-X film. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

https://www.lamin-x.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1155

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't recommend lamin-x because it always has bubbles in it and personally if you get the pre-cut ones they are too small and light shines around the film. I'd personally go get stained glass paint and spray the fogs with that but that is 100% permanent. Also you can control the amount of light transmitted by how thick you apply the paint.

As far as finding bulbs I've had pretty good luck with Nokya bulbs and also luminics bulbs both brands can be found on Ebay or Amazon and they can be picked up for usually under $25.00 shipped sometimes even cheaper. I'm still debating on going with Yellow fogs but for $25 I could always take the bulbs out if I didn't like the look.

Whatever you decide on make sure you post up pictures and any other related info so the next guy who wants to know can get a good idea by looking at this thread....

·
Registered
817 Posts
"Yellow Foglights"

Whoa!

I don't ever drive in yellow fog.

Don't eat yellow snow either.

:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Nov 10 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370570
Doc V tinted his fogs. Looks good too. Here's the thread.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...ow+tint+on+fogs

QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Nov 10 2010, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370573
Try yellow lamin-X film. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

https://www.lamin-x.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1155
Awesome...thanks everyone for the suggestions....i'll post pics once I get them done.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (J-res @ Nov 10 2010, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370646
Awesome...thanks everyone for the suggestions....i'll post pics once I get them done.
We also sell yellow bulbs for 20 bucks, but I would personally go the lamin-X route, especially if you don't plan on having your fogs on all the time. During the day when the fogs are off, the yellow really shows off the front of the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Old thread but I must add! Had the Nokya yellow fog light bulbs in my 2014 Sonata but they keep burning out every few months. Had the same issue with my previous vehicle which was a 11 Kia Forte with the same brand fog bulbs. The oem spec and quality of the factory bulbs are unbeatable!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs in mine and like them functionally and the contrasting looks with my HIDs, Front Switchbacks, and SR DRLs.

Larry

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the HID headlights and yellow fogs on my '11 SE and to me it looks really good.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My wife doesn't want me to vinyl cover her fog lights in yellow, but I did add it to my Elantra GT and daughter's Accent GS. I also changed the bulbs in both to a 3000k yellow bulb too.

Fog Light 1.jpg

Fog Light 2.jpg

Accent mods 3.jpg

Accent mods 6.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts