Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2018 Ioniq and am excited to have a gas sipping vehicle. Just the base Blue with grey exterior and black interior. Got a great deal form South Point Hyundai in Austin and had a fairly painless transaction as well! Almost 300 miles in less than 24 hours, ready to plan a roadtrip :grin2:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:grin2:
Good to have more hybrid on board,.
Looks to me the Ioniq is giving the Prius real competition.
What tipped you over to buy the Ioniq?

Was browsing some reviews and came across these two.
Everyone has opinions, but this review basically omitted Ioniq's strong features and emphasized Prius' to conclude Toyota is the winner:

https://www.asburyauto.com/compare/2018-toyota-prius-vs-2018-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid/151863
1. Gas mileage: Did not even list MPG (Ioniq beats Prius)
HP (again I beats P)
2. Decided Prius CVT is better than Ioniq's DCT. (Not if you want best MPG and drivability.)
3. Warranty: Did not mention Ioniq's 100K mi/10yr LIFETIME battery.
Clearly Ioniq's warranty is better than Prius.

Flollowing review is more balanced and compared above points and more:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobi...-toyota-prius-key-differences.html/?a=viewall

·
Registered
339 Posts
#3 above is a lifetime warranty on the Battery pack as long as your the original owner of the vehicle, if you sell it then the next owner gets the 10 year/100000 mile battery warranty.

I've had my IONIQ Blue for about a month now. 1400 miles on it and averaging about 58mpg on each tank so far. Best mileage for 36 miles has been 68.1 for that trip.

·
Registered
257 Posts
#3 above is a lifetime warranty on the Battery pack as long as your the original owner of the vehicle, if you sell it then the next owner gets the 10 year/100000 mile battery warranty.

I've had my IONIQ Blue for about a month now. 1400 miles on it and averaging about 58mpg on each tank so far. Best mileage for 36 miles has been 68.1 for that trip.
Not sure on 2018. When I bought last year, salesman told me lifetime battery warranty is transferable to family members. I never bother to confirm this. As I drive 20+K miles/year - it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. (I would exceed 100K mi so it is still the best warranty out there.)
Around the San Francisco Bay Area due to expensive real estate. I knew plenty of people driving 30000+ miles per year.
In my case it'd be <5 years to get to 100K (Prius warranty expires.)

Lifetime warranty and transferable, on anything, would seem too good to be true. Just imagine a 5th owner going in for warranty due to wear out! :smile:

BTW, 58 MPG is outstanding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Honestly.... Prius never even crossed my mind. And price had nothing to do with it because I traded in a Z06 LOL! I was just very impressed with my wife's Accent.

The Corvette (2 years old and 32k miles) had issue after issue. Most small and/or annoying and the biggest one being the defective torque converter which they try and band-aid with reprogramming (first dealer trip, almost a week), and then a trans triple flush (2nd trip, almost two weeks) instead of just replacing it (which they told me they were going to do on that first week long dealer trip...). I could go on and on with other various problems......

Meanwhile my wife and her Accent was just chugging along. We bought her car Memorial weekend 2 years ago and have put 42k on it already. I always remarked how quiet and solid the car felt. She had 2 new Focuses (?) before that (2012 and 2014) and both had transmission issues. We originally jumped into Hyundai for price, MPG and warranty as the first Focus started having tranny issues less than 1,000 miles after the warranty expired so we got hammered on trade in on that one.

I was looking at the Ioniq as her next car for the MPG and warranty and honestly kind of fell for it myself LOL. I like that the base has Android Auto, some my 2015 Vette did not have. I like the looks. I almost went with the SEL to get the LED DRLs but the other upgrades were not something I had to have and the extra MPG on the Blue made it an easy choice. I just need some window tint (it's getting hot in Texas LOL) and it'll be perfect!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Honestly.... Prius never even crossed my mind. And price had nothing to do with it …
the extra MPG on the Blue made it an easy choice. I just need some window tint (it's getting hot in Texas LOL) and it'll be perfect!!
We live in the sunny states! :laugh:
I had my my Sonata tinted Dark->Med->Light (Rear-to-FrontSide).
I could not live without it.
Privacy, cool in more than just temperature, less glare at night.
I'd do it just for looks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car definitely looks better tinted! Had mine done Monday and crossed 1000 miles today (already)! Interior is definitely cooler with the tint as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts