Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Just enjoy it.. determine if you want to keep it and if you do, negotiate the price. Don't pay what they want you to right out of the gate. There is another thread here where folks have paid anywhere from $5 to $9 a month depending on the country they live in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
i don't think you get all the stations. now that XM and Sirus are the same, all stations should be available (i've rented cars with xm or sirius and they had things like stern on both) so be sure of that.

but yeah, most people have "bartererd" and were able to get free time and reduced rates...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
QUOTE (psuath @ Aug 11 2010, 12:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348667
i don't think you get all the stations. now that XM and Sirus are the same, all stations should be available (i've rented cars with xm or sirius and they had things like stern on both) so be sure of that.

but yeah, most people have "bartererd" and were able to get free time and reduced rates...

Different technologies.. hardware to become all one system won't be around for a while. It's like combining Dish and DTV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
QUOTE (psuath @ Aug 11 2010, 12:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348667
i don't think you get all the stations. now that XM and Sirus are the same, all stations should be available (i've rented cars with xm or sirius and they had things like stern on both) so be sure of that.

but yeah, most people have "bartererd" and were able to get free time and reduced rates...
Programming is 90% the same on both. They offer an upgrade for $6/mo. to get the other 10%. You'll need to opt for this to get Stern and the NFL on XM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Thanks! I'll give that a try as my 3 months freebie XM subscription winds down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
@spacheen thanks for the heads up on this deal!

Just got the 19.99 deal + a $3.06 royalty fee for 5 months. Just called and asked if it was still available, she said yes and hooked it up. Took less than 10min!

Also my 3 month trail was up last month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
stunt101

Just curious.... what phone number did you use to contact XM?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I just did the $77 dollar deal and found on another forum where you get a $12.95 discount for giving them a credit card (I really didn't want to, but now I'll just have to set a reminder for 11.5 months out), but you HAVE to mention that!

I just did this today and it worked just fine - it basically negated the royalty fee and some of the taxes. I didn't do it today, but she also gave me a discounted rate on the navigation traffic @ $47.88 ($3 a month) for a year, IIRC. I may go back and add that next month, but not sure yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
And they may tell you the $77 deal is a one-time deal for the first year, but just call right before your 12 months are up and "re-negotiate". I've been doing this for the past 3 years for the XM in my Honda and I've gotten the $77 deal everytime...except for the time I did the 5 months for $20. If the first person you talk to says they can't give you the deal, then you just say you want transferred to the cancellation department and they will end up giving it to you there -- I keep telling them I want to cancel because it costs too much, and then they end up saying "Well I see you had the $77 deal before. If we give you that again would you stay with us?"

I'm curious to see what kind of deal they will offer at the end of my 3 month trial on the Sonata, as I wouldn't mind getting the XM data and weather along with the standard stations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
I am getting a phone call almost every week since my freebie expired with the $77 or the $20 deal. Finally today I got enough and told them to give me a year for $20. They declined but I told them to call me back only if they can do that deal. Hopefully the will leave me alone. I think their programing sucks. On a 4 hr trip I heard the same song three times. To me it's just not worth it.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top