Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in-laws just bought an 2010 Sonata Sport, and it has XM built in. They already have an account and receiver with Sirius in the other vehicle, and would like sirius in the Sonata too. One bill, also.

Is there a siriusconnect for Hyundai?

·
Registered
299 Posts
On our Santa Fe with XM you can add some Sirius Channels for maybe $6 or $7 dollars a month. I don't know if you can do any better than that. I would call them and see if there are any other options.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You do know Sirius and XM merged, right? There is no difference in the programming anymore so XM branded radios and Sirius branded radios now receive the exact same thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 17 2010, 11:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333944
You do know Sirius and XM merged, right? There is no difference in the programming anymore so XM branded radios and Sirius branded radios now receive the exact same thing.
I do know this, but in Canada, they are two separate entities. Therefore it would be two different bills. They would like to simplify things and have one bill. Plus, Sirius is cheaper in Canada than XM, and if they had Sirius in the car, the 2nd receiver would only be $9/95 a month instead of $15. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just as an FYI if you call to cancel XM you can get 5 months for $20 (in the US) I have a feeling that (XM/Sirius) will offer just about any deal as opposed to getting $0 for a cancellation. I've seen many posts on the internet about special deals. I got 4 months free when I bought the car, then a year for $77 and now I'm on $20 for 5 months. I have a combination of XM and Sirius stations but not all the Sirius as there is a premium package to get all of both that I haven't been interested in.

So if you just want cheaper price, call them and cancel. If you want Sirius programing only I'm not sure it can be accomplished with this head unit but call them and ask...

Regards,

BT

·
Banned
792 Posts
Try getting those A-holes at Sirius to cancel your spam email they send. You have a better chance of plugging up BP's oil leak with Q-Tips. I finally just shut down that email account.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Tommer @ Jun 22 2010, 11:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335217
Try getting those A-holes at Sirius to cancel your spam email they send. You have a better chance of plugging up BP's oil leak with Q-Tips. I finally just shut down that email account.

I have no complaints with Sirius. I've been a member for over 4 years without a hitch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sirius and XM are merged in name only. I love Sirius and I'm not a huge fan of XM, primarily because I love Howard Stern. If you have Sirius you have Howard and if you have XM you have to pay extra for certain channels only Sirius has. I have a lifetime Sirius subscription which I am trying to find out how to change my XM in my 2011 Sonata to Sirius. As I said, when you have a lifetime Sirius subscription you can't move it to XM, you'd have to buy a new subscription.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (theatretechchick @ Jul 3 2010, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338570
Sirius and XM are merged in name only. I love Sirius and I'm not a huge fan of XM, primarily because I love Howard Stern. If you have Sirius you have Howard and if you have XM you have to pay extra for certain channels only Sirius has. I have a lifetime Sirius subscription which I am trying to find out how to change my XM in my 2011 Sonata to Sirius. As I said, when you have a lifetime Sirius subscription you can't move it to XM, you'd have to buy a new subscription.
I can't agree on the Howard stern, but Mom has Sirius, and it would be nice to get that business for the extra $7 a month or so... If the would give me Hard Attack, and a couple of their other good metal stations, I would probably keep the XM, though. The bluegrass is great on XM, but I can't find much good metal, and the only grindcore I've found is what's in my cd case.

·
Registered
943 Posts
QUOTE (theatretechchick @ Jul 3 2010, 12:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338570
You can get it as a credit back with whatever card you paid for. There is a website where they sell the brains to XM or Sirius which will enable you to swap for what ever you want. My buddy just got a Silverodo and he switched the XM brain for a Sirius one and now has it in his truck. Of course these brains can be pricey but pay themselves off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts