Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car into d-ship yesterday to have them repair my XM radio that couldn't find a signal. Told me car would be ready for pick up today. Got to drive the 2010 Sonata loaner overnight and was very impressed. It was a GLS and it is a TOTALLY different car than my 11 SE.

I really liked the shift pattern on the transmission, no button to depress, just row through the gears, just like our RX330. I also liked that the releases for the trunk and gas door were on the driver's door instead of the instrument panel, easier to see and find in the dark. The car also seemed to be a LOT quieter and more buttoned together (well made) than my SE (it had 36,000 miles on it). I do know that the 10's were made in Korea and the 11's are made here in the US, so I question the quality control and start-up of the new plant.

The repair order for the XM reads: 99 Internal Antenna Failure, checked voltage from cable to antenna 4.46 DCV and was in spec, necessary to replace antenna to correct. I was told by the service manager that the whole shark fin antenna was replaced, headliner was taken down in the back gain access. Seems they did a clean and neat job. Hoping for no (more) rattles and squeaks.

So far all is working and sunny in Sonataland. Very happy with d-ship experience.

Ray

·
1,914 Posts
There is a huge difference from the 10's to the 11's. They are much quieter and have a smoother ride. I also prefer where the buttons were for the trunk and gas release.

I'm suprised they are still renting them. We got rid of our 2010 loaners a few months ago and all we have now are 2010 Elantra's.

Glad to hear they fixed your car and you had a good experience.

·
Registered
386 Posts
On my car the trunk & fuel buttons are on the door. But mine is made in Korea :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts