Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Santa Fe with XM and Nav. has a whine thru the speakers when accelerating. Seems to be alternator related as in the old days of GM problems. It does not happen in AM/FM or CD The XM unit was replaced but still the same, seems to be getting worse now. Hyundai said it is normal. I disagree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (NNHH @ Dec 13 2010, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379435
My 2008 Santa Fe with XM and Nav. has a whine thru the speakers when accelerating. Seems to be alternator related as in the old days of GM problems. It does not happen in AM/FM or CD The XM unit was replaced but still the same, seems to be getting worse now. Hyundai said it is normal. I disagree.
What you're experiencing is a ground loop. This is NOT normal.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (NNHH @ Dec 21 2010, 07:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381975
Any idea how to repair?
Have any additional audio accessories been added to your vehicle? Any devices (e.g. MP3 player) plugged into aux input, or anything like that? The STOCK setup should not whine. If you have added nothing to the stock setup, your dealer needs to sort this out for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (canderson @ Dec 21 2010, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382005
Have any additional audio accessories been added to your vehicle? Any devices (e.g. MP3 player) plugged into aux input, or anything like that? The STOCK setup should not whine. If you have added nothing to the stock setup, your dealer needs to sort this out for you.

The vehicle is all stock. The dealer is no help and the area service manager says it is poor signal on XM. Poor signal everywhere I drive?

Still looking for help.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (NNHH @ Dec 23 2010, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382866
The vehicle is all stock. The dealer is no help and the area service manager says it is poor signal on XM. Poor signal everywhere I drive?

Still looking for help.
Since your dealer is giving you a load of crap, just insist on a simple A/B test. Yours vs. one of his around the block. That should end the discussion and change the course to resolution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts