Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short

I am not receiving Traffic and Weather(sometimes stock too)

XM says
1st...my subscription does not include XM data
2nd..my radio is not capable of receiving XM data

WHAT THE F?!

I def saw it first few days of driving the car and now just magically it is not capable of receiving service?

I find it hard to believe.

either way it's complete BS

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Dec 9 2010, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378222
So long story short

XM says

WHAT THE F?!

I def saw it first few days of driving the car and now just magically it is not capable of receiving service?

I have been dealing with the same BS. Drove out of dealership on November 1 with traffic and weather working and a few days later it stopped. Hot same excuses, not during trial period, dealer needs to reset radio (brought it there and they laughed at me) and finally, they are having system problem and it will be 7-10 days. That was 20 days ago. I am totally fed up with them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have noticed the same thing. Maybe its an all XM problem? Is there anyone with XM that isnt having a problem?

It works, but only occasionally.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've had my 2.0t for almost 2 weeks now. I first called XM and told them that my Traffic & Weather is not working. I told them that my sticker sheet of my vehicle states 90 day trial for XM radio, traffic, stocks and stocks. I was told they were having technical problems and it should be working in about 10 days. wtf, by the time they fix it my 90 days will expire?? Currently only my XM radio, stocks & Sports work. No Traffic or weather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Dec 9 2010, 06:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378222
So long story short

XM says

WHAT THE F?!

Same problem here. Took delivery of my Limited on 11/15, worked for about 4 days then lost XM Traffic and XM Weather. Finally got them to restart XM Weather but they (XM Radio) says they have a know issue and their tech department is working on it with no knnown date of when it will be fixed. Local dealership says there is nothing they can do. How do we put pressure on them to get this fixed? So far I have ann 800 number for thier corporate department (which is not much more helpful than talking to thhier call reps in India) 866-635-5142 x 3. Lets flood them with phone calls and demand they fix this issue. I am also calling the dealer that sold the car to me that if they dont get this resolved for me I plan to take further action to see about getting the car returned to them. Please everyone, keep positng what you experience and we can all work on getting this resolved.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have also had problems with XM Traffic and Weather with my limited 2.0t. I've spent 2 hours on the phone attempting to get the free trial I have been promised. It worked for a few days then stopped working again. I have heard that XM calls at several intervals during the free trail with increasingly better offers for their service. I intend to tell them each time that I will never pay for their service until I get the 3 month free trial I have been promised. I imagine all of a sudden it will start working again. If not I'll make sure each person that calls me understands exactly why I would never pay for their "service". If you can't get the free trial right where you are supposed to win me over, why would I give you money for said "service". Vote with your wallet and change happens.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i made few phone calls as well as sent few e-mails(last one with picture of my window sticker showing free XM data) and nothing yet...

B S

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Dec 14 2010, 07:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379629
anyone else have problems? or have resolution for this issue?
As of today I finally have everything working in my free trial. After figuring out XMs script here is what I recommend. First get their regular listener care rep, then demand to talk to technical support, do not take no for an answer, then tell technical support that you were supposed to get a free trial of xm everything including radio traffic and weather, they might tell you that your radio isn't compatible or that it isn't part of your free trial, tell them they are wrong and if they can't fix it then demand to talk to a supervisor, they may attempt to tell you they are in a meeting or on another call, don't take no for an answer the supervisor is not in a meeting and if they are on another call demand to talk to a supervisors manager, no matter what they tell you demand that they add traffic and weather to your free trial and you will finally get it, double check that it is part of your free trial because 1 rep ended up trying to charge me and I had to call back again.

It's painful and takes over an hour, most of which is spent on hold switching from listener care to technical support, but you finally get your free trial. Also I recommend adding an email address to your account as I got a satisfaction survey for one of my phone calls and gave them the worst scores I could.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (KSrB2000 @ Dec 14 2010, 08:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379639
As of today I finally have everything working in my free trial. After figuring out XMs script here is what I recommend. First get their regular listener care rep, then demand to talk to technical support, do not take no for an answer, then tell technical support that you were supposed to get a free trial of xm everything including radio traffic and weather, they might tell you that your radio isn't compatible or that it isn't part of your free trial, tell them they are wrong and if they can't fix it then demand to talk to a supervisor, they may attempt to tell you they are in a meeting or on another call, don't take no for an answer the supervisor is not in a meeting and if they are on another call demand to talk to a supervisors manager, no matter what they tell you demand that they add traffic and weather to your free trial and you will finally get it, double check that it is part of your free trial because 1 rep ended up trying to charge me and I had to call back again.

It's painful and takes over an hour, most of which is spent on hold switching from listener care to technical support, but you finally get your free trial. Also I recommend adding an email address to your account as I got a satisfaction survey for one of my phone calls and gave them the worst scores I could.
I have gone this route and the tell me it is a system problem that XM is having and they are working on it with mo known completion date!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (jeeper31 @ Dec 14 2010, 09:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379656
I have gone this route and the tell me it is a system problem that XM is having and they are working on it with mo known completion date!!!
Sorry, I forgot about that 1. Total bull! It's working on my right now. If someone gives you that line tell them you are next to someone that has it working right now so they are wrong and demand a supervisor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going though the same problem right now. They keep telling me that I have to pay. I have even called Hyundai customer support and now they are tiring to get XM to give me my free trial.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I really don't think traffic and weather is worth it, my android phone gives me better results in terms of traffic and weather.

But i fully agree, they also told me 90 days of everything, it worked for a few days then traffic and weather took a ****. Not worth the aggravation or my time in my opinion.

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (run_n_late @ Dec 14 2010, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379794
I am going though the same problem right now. They keep telling me that I have to pay. I have even called Hyundai customer support and now they are tiring to get XM to give me my free trial.
When someone says this tell them they are wrong and that you want to speak to a supervisor because they are clearly incompetent. What they are doing isn't right. I imagine most people just give up with the amount of effort needed to get the free trial.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From the moment I drove my new Sonata off the lot I started receiving calls from XM. I get everything, and have had no issues with weather or traffic. I cussed out an XM rep tonight since I've asked them not to call me for the 3rd time now. I'm already a subscriber and told them that after the trial I would renew my service, but I sent this email to them after the phone call.
I would like for someone to call me to discuss why XM radio feels that an acceptable form of sales is automated telephone assaults? Since I purchased a new car with an XM radio free trial I have received more than a dozen phone calls at all hours of the day. The most recent one being after our infant son had been put to bed this evening at 9pm EST. I have asked to be removed from your system now 3 times, and have also sent customer service an email as well. If it does take 30 days to be removed and I receive another call, I will be canceling my service all together. I was already a subscriber and have just purchased my wife another car with Sirius service for the next year. I'm not sure that after how I've been treated if I will continue to use the service. I can easily use Pandora radio with my Iphone and it's free to use, or simply listen to the regular radio. I have been a subscriber since XM radio first started and I can say that this desperate attempt to drum up sales is completely unprofessional. 90% of the calls that I have received from the "800 Service" number disconnected even after I answered! So the computer system that is on a rampage dialing isn't landing you new customers, but yet driving them away. How much more could it possibly cost your company to actually have people calling and if someone answers, have a conversation with them, or if not, leave a message. Don't keep calling and calling and calling back. Please have someone contact me personally from XM to tell me what you're going to do to keep me as a subscriber after what a horrible experience I have had with your half assed marketing efforts and desperate automated attempt to gain customers. Don't you think that people are smart enough to figure out when their radio stops working after the trial that they know how to get service? All they have to do is listen to the instructions on the radio when it defaults to the preview channel. My cell number is ***-***-****. I expect a person from XM to call and explain to me the reasoning behind this autodialing approach. Also, I know it's not just me that is frustrated at you. Use google and do a search for 877 phone number and you'll see hundreds of people **** off at you, but I guess a few sales makes poor customer service all worth the people you **** off. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This might seem like a silly question. But do you have a destination set? It seems to only work when you have a destination set.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (Andy Blanton @ Dec 14 2010, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379927
From the moment I drove my new Sonata off the lot I started receiving calls from XM. I get everything, and have had no issues with weather or traffic. I cussed out an XM rep tonight since I've asked them not to call me for the 3rd time now. I'm already a subscriber and told them that after the trial I would renew my service, but I sent this email to them after the phone call.
I would like for someone to call me to discuss why XM radio feels that an acceptable form of sales is automated telephone assaults? Since I purchased a new car with an XM radio free trial I have received more than a dozen phone calls at all hours of the day. The most recent one being after our infant son had been put to bed this evening at 9pm EST. I have asked to be removed from your system now 3 times, and have also sent customer service an email as well. If it does take 30 days to be removed and I receive another call, I will be canceling my service all together. I was already a subscriber and have just purchased my wife another car with Sirius service for the next year. I'm not sure that after how I've been treated if I will continue to use the service. I can easily use Pandora radio with my Iphone and it's free to use, or simply listen to the regular radio. I have been a subscriber since XM radio first started and I can say that this desperate attempt to drum up sales is completely unprofessional. 90% of the calls that I have received from the "800 Service" number disconnected even after I answered! So the computer system that is on a rampage dialing isn't landing you new customers, but yet driving them away. How much more could it possibly cost your company to actually have people calling and if someone answers, have a conversation with them, or if not, leave a message. Don't keep calling and calling and calling back. Please have someone contact me personally from XM to tell me what you're going to do to keep me as a subscriber after what a horrible experience I have had with your half assed marketing efforts and desperate automated attempt to gain customers. Don't you think that people are smart enough to figure out when their radio stops working after the trial that they know how to get service? All they have to do is listen to the instructions on the radio when it defaults to the preview channel. My cell number is ***-***-****. I expect a person from XM to call and explain to me the reasoning behind this autodialing approach. Also, I know it's not just me that is frustrated at you. Use google and do a search for 877 phone number and you'll see hundreds of people **** off at you, but I guess a few sales makes poor customer service all worth the people you **** off. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.
I know how you feel. First 2 month they only called about twice but in the final month and especialy after it expired it was like 3 - 4 times a week. I keep telling them the same thing. I have a year service with Sirius satellite and will make a decision to keep that or sign up with XM at that time. They even went as far as saying XM is better than Sirius has more channels, better quality, better channels. It's like hello, Sirius and XM are exactly th same as far as channels with the exception of like 5 - 7 chanels. In Canada Sirius and XM are still two seperate companies but programmin wise they have merged, like most stations say sirius XM. For Canada it was always a live person calling. I'm surprised they don't put notes in their system. When you say your not interested, they ask why and so on. If the customer says they have Sirius already, put notes in so no one else calls again.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts