Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Hyundai Sonata - I am now getting a message on my radio screen when I try to access my XM stations. The display only says "Antenna" so I'm guessing my Antenna is bad. (My subscription is active). My question is how can I troubleshoot this myself without taking time from work to send it into the dealer? Can I install another antenna or maybe trace the line????

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (leavitjo @ Jun 23 2011, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=465612
2008 Hyundai Sonata - I am now getting a message on my radio screen when I try to access my XM stations. The display only says "Antenna" so I'm guessing my Antenna is bad. (My subscription is active). My question is how can I troubleshoot this myself without taking time from work to send it into the dealer? Can I install another antenna or maybe trace the line????

Thanks in advance....

The tuner for the XM radio is in the trunk. Remove the panel in the floor behind the right rear wheel. There you will find the tuner. You can just unplug the antenna and use any satellite antenna to test. The connections are universal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just brought my 2007 Sonata Platinum series in to trouble shoot this very problem. They report the antanna is bad. Wish I had read this post first. Dealer wants $300 buckeroos to replace it with OEM. This cost due to part cost (probably minimal), painting to car color and installation. No one else deals with OEM material. What a RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second question is why would one go bad? Lots of car washings??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My satilite radio just went out 4 days ago I will try that trunk thing is it possible the antenna came lose still have FM radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts