Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sonata. I updated the navi 2 months ago to 2017.5 maps. I noticed after driving in my wifes car that I do not have all the radio stations she has and we have the same package. Does anyone else have this problem? I never realized it before and I have the best xm package so I should get everything. Does the sonata not support every channel?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I noticed my wife's old former Chevy Cruze had stations that I do not get. But now her new Forester has the same stations as I do. Same package. Like you i'm not sure why she had additional stations.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would give them a call, it should all be the same with the same package. I could see perhaps the package changing between when it was subscribed to for the first vehicle and when it was subscribed for the 2nd. They have the ability to add channels, such as the Christmas channels, and take them away at any time and any receiver should be able to get any channel they add.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's the service. My wife calls the month before our due date and negotiates a better rate. You have to call before the date or there is a penalty to get the lower rate. The first time she did it, we had a reduced menu of stations which had what we wanted so it was worth it. I think she had also called after the due date. Since then we have had the full menu, now on both cars. They have different due dates so she needs to call twice a year. She likes Dr. Radio and I like my classic rock and we are both hooked on X-M radio. It sounds like you have different plans so you should call them to confirm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the service. My wife calls the month before our due date and negotiates a better rate. You have to call before the date or there is a penalty to get the lower rate. The first time she did it, we had a reduced menu of stations which had what we wanted so it was worth it. I think she had also called after the due date. Since then we have had the full menu, now on both cars. They have different due dates so she needs to call twice a year. She likes Dr. Radio and I like my classic rock and we are both hooked on X-M radio. It sounds like you have different plans so you should call them to confirm.

I called and they said I have the top package. They said it could be the car manufacturer. They said I should be able to see all channels on my factory radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts