Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Limited with Nav. I previously had Sirius, and I like XM, but you have to subscribe to get the Best of Sirius stuff; Howard etc...

Has anyone upgraded their subscription during the trial period? What kind of deal did you get?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Canada is different from the US in the fact that Sirius and XM are still different companies up here.. but.. that being said.. let your sub almost run out. They will be in contact and you should be able to negotiate a better deal. They are all about the number of "subscribers" from the shareholder perspective. You should be able to get another 3 months for no more than $5 a month. Never leave your credit card with them for automatic renewal. Once they think you will leave, they will bend over backwards to keep you. Pricing is different in Canada, but I was able to get another year for $80 I enjoy Sat Radio and they will cut deals to keep you.. don't upgrade out of the gate!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ Apr 23 2010, 05:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316138
Canada is different from the US in the fact that Sirius and XM are still different companies up here.. but.. that being said.. let your sub almost run out. They will be in contact and you should be able to negotiate a better deal. They are all about the number of "subscribers" from the shareholder perspective. You should be able to get another 3 months for no more than $5 a month. Never leave your credit card with them for automatic renewal. Once they think you will leave, they will bend over backwards to keep you. Pricing is different in Canada, but I was able to get another year for $80 I enjoy Sat Radio and they will cut deals to keep you.. don't upgrade out of the gate!!!
Yeah... I hear you, but I miss Howard!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was told I had a 3 month trial and it was active when I picked up the car....

$77 a year is a good price, what all is included in that price........

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 23 2010, 07:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316148
OK, How?

And to answer the last post, my trial was active when my Son picked the car up.

Back in 2006 when we purchased a Chevy Impala i called Xm and told them i received a card in the maill (never did) for the $77 deal and they gave it to me. Each year i tell them i will cancel if i can't get it for $77 and so far its 4 years :grin: . Read this post on slickdeals .net, its a recent thread about the deal $77 XM Deal

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called and asked about the $77 deal. The rep said... "We only offer that if you let your subscription expire. But I can offer you the Best of Sirius during your trial period" Then you can call back after your subscription expires, and we will give you that deal."

So she said she added it, but it's not active yet.

This is so dumb it makes my head hurt! :wacko:

·
Registered
652 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 24 2010, 06:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316255
I called and asked about the $77 deal. The rep said... "We only offer that if you let your subscription expire. But I can offer you the Best of Sirius during your trial period" Then you can call back after your subscription expires, and we will give you that deal."

So she said she added it, but it's not active yet.

This is so dumb it makes my head hurt! :wacko:
It should have been on almost instantly. The next time you will be in your car for an extended period, call them back and have them resend the activation signal.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Apr 24 2010, 06:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316259
It should have been on almost instantly. The next time you will be in your car for an extended period, call them back and have them resend the activation signal.
I tried the web refresh last night, and no dice... I am wondering if adding the Best of Sirius takes an overnight update?
If it does not come on later today, I'll call back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i only listen to a few channels, mainly the dance/electronic channels, but it looked like i had a full line up. I'll try it when i'm in there. My problem is that i use my ipod and listen to podcasts, however those should run dry soon.

the lady at the dealer said after 3 months, when they call to argue with them. they'll give 3 more months free. then after that, you can negotiate for lower prices. I'm not sure, but we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316260
I tried the web refresh last night, and no dice... I am wondering if adding the Best of Sirius takes an overnight update?
If it does not come on later today, I'll call back.
So ... it took 3 calls to customer service to get the best of Sirius activated. Had to get transferred to tech support. At least it works now.
What amazes me is that I was willing to sign up multi-year (and possibly multi-receiver) if I got a decent deal. I can only get that when I am expired. You'd think that these guys would be bright enough to jump at the chance to get a sub. Amazing.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I actually got a call from XM Canada last week 3 days after taking delivery of the Sonata. They offeed $6.99 per month for 3 months and then regular price, he was really pressuring to sign up now. But think I'm going to let it end and then see if they will negotiate something better. My situation is I have Sirius locked in for the next year, but don't feel like running extra antennas and all to the car so I might have to do 2 subscription which is fine as my Sirius is a portable unit which is used at home and on the go.

My first option was to get onto my friend's plan since it will only be $9.99 per month but looks like Hyundai gave XM all my details already so gonna be tough to explain why my radio ID registered to my addy is being registered under a different home addy.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I haven't heard a word from anyone so, I guess I will just wait until it expires or someone calls me,,,,

I like the $77 dollar deal. Thanks for the tip... I will wait and go for that one ...

·
Registered
932 Posts
I wonder if you get the $77 deal what they'll want to charge for the traffic info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ Apr 23 2010, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316138
This is true about the automatic renewal. A few years ago, when I first got XM, I got a special deal for one year which I put on my credit card. When the year was up, I had decided to drop it if I couldn't get the special rate for another year. Turns out, they said that I had authorized automatic renewal via my card (which I had not) and they had already billed me for 3 months of service at the full rate. If you give them your credit card number, make sure to tell them no automatic renewal.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Got my call from XM last night. I told them I wasn't interested because it was just too much money. They offered me 6 months at $4.99 a month so I took it. They added some BS charge for artist royalties and of course tax. But I didn't ask about the traffic. I'm hoping they forget to turn that off. If not, I'll probably let that just die.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts