Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bought my car a month ago and within a week there was an error message on the screen telling me there was an "XMdata load application error". Went to the dealer and they say I need a new antenna, that it's not making a good connection. Well it took 3 weeks for the antenna to arrive and I'm finally going tomorrow to have the new antenna installed. I hope this fixes my problem.
Because of this problem I am not able to access the XM data (weather,traffic,stocks), but I'm still able to recieve the music channels.
I've contacted XM and they agreed to extend my free trial by one month.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did they fix it? What did they do to fix your car?
I will repost on Monday after the fix and let you guys know what's up. :thumbsup:

P.S. this is off topic but the bluetooth in my car stopped picking up my phonebook. It was working fine for 3 weeks and then nothing. I can still make and recieve calls. I am going to ask them about that too. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry abou the XM. That was smart to call for the extension. What type of phone? Have you tried deleting the dvice and re pairing? Sometmes that works. Also a hard off on the radio could re-boot the system. A hard off if you missed it in previous posts is holding the off button down for a couple of seconds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jun 6 2010, 07:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330245
Sorry abou the XM. That was smart to call for the extension. What type of phone? Have you tried deleting the dvice and re pairing? Sometmes that works. Also a hard off on the radio could re-boot the system. A hard off if you missed it in previous posts is holding the off button down for a couple of seconds. Hope this helps.
Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. The phone is a Samsung Highlight (SGH-T749). It is not listed on the compatability list but it was working just fine. I have tried deleting the device and starting over from scratch several times but always the same result. I will try the "hard off" reboot today and see what happens. Thanks for the info because I never heard of that. :)

*** Tried the "hard off"reboot, no luck. Off to Hyundai tomorrow. ***
Box actually says "Application XMdataviewer.exe encountered a serious problem and must......." after that I can't read anymore.

·
Registered
932 Posts
There's also a reset on the unit you can try. It's the little hole in the upper left, just use a paper clip or something to push in the hole. Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
********UPDATE***********

OK, Brought the car to the dealer and they changed the XM antenna, no luck, still the same problem. Now they want to swap out the radio/navigation unit. They said it should be ready by tomorrow. The service manager believes this might cure my bluetooth problem also. Fingers crossed. I will repost tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
***********UPDATE #2**************

OK, got the car back and all seems well. The error message is gone and the phonebook is now showing on the phone screen. They swapped out the radio/nav unit. I hope it stays this way. Peace. :clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts