Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to go get pizza...and I came behind a car turning, slowed, then went to accelerate and it wouldnt budge. the RPM's were low and when I tried to accelerate in Neutral or Drive it slowly brought RPM's up to about 1200 then dropped and stalled after about 30 seconds of this. No check engine light or anything that i noticed. It started right back up, and had no trouble after. took to advanced, alternator and battery are good.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Scan it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My boxes are filled out...If you cant see it then something is wrong on your end, but just in case, I drive a 2005 Hyundai XG350L - 3.5 V6 (DOHC) with a cold air intake. I will check my "boxes" to make sure information is filled correctly, but right now i really need help with this issue.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My boxes are filled out
No point in getting mad at sbr711. This is a general hint in his signature for the people that did not fill their boxes. You may well ignore it if you did.

As sbr711 said: Scan it. You've been to Advance AP (?) and all they did was measure your charging system ?

Likely this is a sensor issue (crank, cam) or something related. Get codes and go from there.

And oh yes:

with a cold air intake
details ? you may just have killed your MAF sensor with that ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By kill my MAF sensor , you mean over load in a sense? like its not use to the amount of air? Or killed in terms of Im spending money on a MAF sensor?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i used to have a similar problem as you are having...mine wasnt throwing a code all the time it happened...

My issue has never returned after I have replaced timing belt and did a full tune up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts