Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new to these forums and have looked to see if anybody had anwsered this question.....My 2003 XG350L stalls after it reaches normal operating temp. It will start only after it cools down. Doesn't matter if Im driving it or just letting it sit. The best I can come up with is a fuel temp sensor. I can hear the fuel pump prime and it drives well until reaching normal op temp. (that doesn't take long in 85-90 degree weather :( I can't get codes. too poor to have it towed, sigh..... I sure hope some of you can help me! Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (A_Null @ Jul 30 2010, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346216
Can't get codes? Meaning there aren't any? Many parts stores will retrieve the codes for free.
Well I just can't afford to get it towed to get the codes I'm sure it will throw. I could be be brave little soljer and see if I can make it 2 or so miles to advanced auto. then wait for it to cool and get it back home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got just a few questions to see if we can pin point the issue.

When this happens, does your Check Engine Light illuminate? Does it stay on, or does it flash on/off?

Does the vehicle seem to run normal, or is the idle somewhere around 1500 rpms?

Does the idle fluctuate or does it stay constant?

Do you notice any irregular smell coming from the exhaust?

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (kia136 @ Jul 30 2010, 10:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346198
Hello, Im new to these forums and have looked to see if anybody had anwsered this question.....My 2003 XG350L stalls after it reaches normal operating temp. It will start only after it cools down. Doesn't matter if Im driving it or just letting it sit. The best I can come up with is a fuel temp sensor. I can hear the fuel pump prime and it drives well until reaching normal op temp. (that doesn't take long in 85-90 degree weather :( I can't get codes. too poor to have it towed, sigh..... I sure hope some of you can help me! Thanks
CHeck for the fuel pressure. but i have trouble shooting before may be related to it. i will replace the assembly intake manifold. visit me at troubleencounter.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (MobMed @ Aug 6 2010, 11:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347564
I've got just a few questions to see if we can pin point the issue.

When this happens, does your Check Engine Light illuminate? Does it stay on, or does it flash on/off?

Does the vehicle seem to run normal, or is the idle somewhere around 1500 rpms?

Does the idle fluctuate or does it stay constant?

Do you notice any irregular smell coming from the exhaust?
Hello MobMed,
Thanks for responding!. :)

The check engine light came on about a year ago. my son in law told me to take it to Auto Zone and get the codes. It had 2 for the tranny and 3 for the fuel system. I don't have those codes now. The car ran so I drove it. It needed a battery at one point and after the battery was disconnected the light went out. It came back on with this stall problem. My husband recently disconnected the battery because he was going to put a new fuel temp sensor in. he didn't want to mess with the o-ring that's goes with the fuel pump assembly so he redid the battery cable. now i just start it and move the car back and forth. the check engine light went out and is staying off.

As for the idle, It stays around to below 1000, which is normal. it runs smooth and just slalls, no chugging.

nope! no weird exaust smell.

this all started when the temp outside was in the high 80's low 90's. I start the car everyother day now. the last time i ran it the temp was 75, the car didn't stall even after it had reached normal running temp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is still down......IF I figure this out I'll post the fix.

Note: I just went out to start it, it didn't stay started for long. The RPM was flux @ 500 to 1200. it's 94 degrees. Why is it temp related? What could do that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts