Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my throttle body replaced at a local service station. when I got it back it idled rough and check engine light came on. (EGR valve code). Took it back and had the EGR valve, vacuum solenoid, and plugs replaced. It still idled rough and check engine light came on.(EGR Code) Took it back and had ignition wires replaced. Still idled rough and check engine light came on. Took it to Hyundai dealer and had coil for cyl.#6 replaced. Still idled rough and check engine light came on. HELP!!!!!!! I am totally frustrated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im new to the Xg350's, but I would look at the throttle body and make sure everything was done correctly, nothing is jammed, and its clean (should be). Also check the TPS sensor, they couldve messed it up. Other than that, its a troubleshooting game! have fun!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
ETS system is POS on that car, fighting 1 myself.. DTC's for throttle stuck open/closed.. cleaned original unit really well, told them initially that try clean first, covered in mud.

Came back, throttle plate severely stuck,, installed new throttle body, it free as can be..

Back again, now chasing wire voltage from TPS to PCM in center console to see if voltage change and PCM not recognize it as seen in current data stream on GDS.

EGR code.. PCM not seeing manifold pressure change/ox sensor value change with EGR operation commanded.. Vale is not the problem.. look at what control the circuit and what needed to make circuit operate.. PCM command solenoid, solenoid duty cycle vacuum to pull valve open.. you replaced valve and solenoid, but did you check your source vacuum ??

Couple inch from Throttle body is a tiny brass bead stuck in 1 of the vacuum line, I want to say it is the green line.. Feel it with finger tips and locate the bead.. I use shop air and rubber tip nozzle to blow the bead out....

WARNING--- Wrap end of hose in shop rag or towel to catch bead when it blows out of hose.. if not, it'll become a very fast moving projectile, and you'll wont find it to save your life.. blow it into a rag/towel..

Clean the hole in the bead (super small) to regulate manifold vacuum of 21 inch down to 7 inch vacuum.. after clean out of jet, put it back in the hose, hose onto throttle body, start engine, and use vacuum gauge to check for vacuum, approx 7-8 inch right now,, not a slow creep up to 7-8 inch.. That should remedy your EGR.. use vacuum gauge tee'd into vacuum line at EGR valve and watch as you drive.. you should see small amount of vacuum as PCM duty cycle solenoid.

You need to specify what the DTC is for each "check engine light came on"... maybe 100 DTC applicable to check engine light.. need to know what DTC is for each event.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts