Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a state inspection sticker for my XG300. The battery cable was disconnected because the car was in storage for a while. After reconnecting the cable, I went for an inspection, but two systems showed as incomplete. At the mechanic's suggestion, I drove the car for over 150 miles. At the inspection site, the car computer still indicates that the catalyst and the fuel evap system are still not ready. The mechanics had told me to drive the car for at least 65 miles to reset the computer. The computer is still not reset after driving twice as far. Could the problem be a bad seal on the gas cap? The mechanics told me that the cap appeared to be ok. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, don't give up too easy. It's like repeated cycles of acceleration, idle, acceleration, idle, etc... before it will work. Keep driving.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It's not codes,,,, You doont want codes, that's bad..

It's "READINESS TEST" completion.....

You have not met criteria in drive cycles to allow Readiness Test to self test and "COMPLTE"..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you are right it is readiness codes. Sorry for using the wrong term. Thanks for the driving cycle information. I will try to get them right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts