Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I ordered my xenon supply HID kit and I was so.excited to put them on, only to find that the passanger side light will not come on! I'm afraid it might be a ballast problem because when I swapped connections the drivers side wouldn't come on. My question is has anyone experienced a DOA ballast or maybe there is something I am missing?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
There is always a chance you got a DOA ballast. The fact you moved sided (passenger to driver) seems to point to a bad ballast though. Did you swap driver to passenger and it light up?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
NO! Incorrect answer. You can pop a BCM which is to the tune of 700+ for just the part. And more current models mention in the manual that if you install HID or other electronic devices you 'might' be liable.

Just get the harness and call it a day. Its cake to install and should not run you more than 15 bucks from a reputable place like Xenon Supply, The Retrofit Source, DDM...etc...

You always want to isolate a high draw source from the standard needle thin wiring. Using a wiring harnes puts the draw directly on the batter with close to 20 gauge wire versus the OEM 24-26 guage wire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is always a chance you got a DOA ballast. The fact you moved sided (passenger to driver) seems to point to a bad ballast though. Did you swap driver to passenger and it light up?
Yes I did, when I swapped them the driver light didn't work but passenger did. I was hoping that it wasn't ballast. Have to wait til wednesday now. Patience is s virtue I guess lol

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Yes I did, when I swapped them the driver light didn't work but passenger did. I was hoping that it wasn't ballast. Have to wait til wednesday now. Patience is s virtue I guess lol
Indeed it is. However you have done more to isolate your issue than most. So send in that return authorization request and wait for your new ballast. Gives you time to get your harness too. ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed it is. However you have done more to isolate your issue than most. So send in that return authorization request and wait for your new ballast. Gives you time to get your harness too. ;-)
Okay wait... So I should order the relay? Haha asiky confused, the wiring harness is included just not the relay. Hehe thanks for your help much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Okay wait... So I should order the relay? Haha asiky confused, the wiring harness is included just not the relay. Hehe thanks for your help much appreciated!
There is an additional harness that suppliers usually sell called a relay harness. It isolates the power from the OEM circuitry and allows it to pull directly from the battery versus the OEM wiring which is to thin a gauge for the startup draw.

H7 Relay Wiring Harness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts