Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
Go to google and type in "2005 Hyundai Elantra", then click the "Images" tab below the search box.
If the cars in the Images look like your car, you have an XD. If not, it's an HD......simples!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go to google and type in "2005 Hyundai Elantra", then click the "Images" tab below the search box.
If the cars in the Images look like your car, you have an XD. If not, it's an HD......simples!

My car looks like the 2005 but it is a 2006 Elantra purchased in June. Very confusing, so the 2006 has an old design and a new design ? When did the new design come out in 2006 ? What does the 2006 HD look like ? So this might mean that I have been in the wrong forum for the past 12 years because this is the HD forum and I might have the XD ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
How do I know if my 2006 Elantra is an XD or HD ? I bought it new in June 2006 .

Hmm,, no location seen in profile, as some markets change model before other...

IF USA,,,, a 2006 will be the last year for the "XD" chassis

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
More and more confusing. I just checked and my VIN also has "HD"

Why it is confusing is because the design looks like a 2005
Picture of car ???

I will say Canada 2006 was sold same chassis as USA, thus it be XD chassis

HD in VIN mean nothing

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Yes, really because the VIN has "HD" and the design looks like a 2005, so how is this not confusing ?
It's not confusing because the 2005 model is an XD and your car looks just like the 2005 model. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's not confusing because the 2005 model is an XD and your car looks just like the 2005 model. It's not rocket science.

Except for the fact that my car is 2006 and not 2005. So I guess this means that there were two designs for 2006, an XD and an HD or the HD was already the 2007 model and this is what is causing the confusion ? The confusion is that they shouldn't have put the 2006 in the HD forum . It should only be under the XD forum. Anyways I am glad that I have the XD because I don't like the shape of the HD

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
No picture of car ??

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Look at the back suspension...mac strut=XD

Separate spring and shock and lateral links=HD

Or if sore back after one hour driving...XD, much better seats in HD, IMO.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Except for the fact that my car is 2006 and not 2005. So I guess this means that there were two designs for 2006, an XD and an HD
Yes, there is always some overlap when a new model comes out. Manufacturers don't generally release new models on 1st January. And even if they did they wouldn't just scrap all the XDs when the HD comes out.

Peter912 said:
The confusion is that they shouldn't have put the 2006 in the HD forum
Right, so it's the forums fault you don't have a clue what model of car you bought :laugh:

Peter912 said:
Anyways I am glad that I have the XD
Well, I'm glad that your glad.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look at the back suspension...mac strut=XD

Separate spring and shock and lateral links=HD

Or if sore back after one hour driving...XD, much better seats in HD, IMO.

Well, I don't have a sore back after one hour of driving in the XD but I can tell you this, that it is a very itchy fabric that they used in the XD model .The seat cover is probably much better in the HD, lol

I can see that it is the XD model because it looks exactly like the 2005 model

·
Registered
157 Posts
Our 2010's transmission dip stick has "HD" printed on the red handle of it, does that matter? (only noticed today because I changed the oil in the car and checked the trans fluid while I was at it...)

·
Registered
307 Posts
So maybe here.
Post VIN, or check your sticker on the door or near there to see production date.
I bought KIA Rondo that was 2007 MY in May of 208 as brand new. Yet, it was made in March 2007. So...

Now, look on the pics - which one it is.

Red is HD, silver is XD.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts