Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
After reading these articles, if it was my car, as long as my check engine light did not come on, I would ride it out, adding fuel daily to the car to dilute the ethanol. If the check engine light came on, I would have the fuel removed by a shop as soon as possible. You could also call your Hyundai service department to see what they would recommend. Here is one more article.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,820 Posts
Same here, just run it down a little and them top it off. It eventually should get better. But if you keep topping it off just a little every time, by percentage, you won't be diluting the mix much. It's a catch-22. If you top off every little bit then it will take longer. If you wait for say, 1/4 tank down, then you put up with the rough running and risk an engine incident.

It would be much better if you could siphon off 5 or more gallons first and then top it off. Not sure if the newer cars have the anti-siphon feature.

·
Registered
'22 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
118 Posts
Just a thought; however, if you get the tank down to 1/2-2/3 or less, you can find a local station that sells pure gasoline, top it off (it is expensive, though) and that should do it. A good fuel additive might help, too. I once put in a tankful of the EC85 in my Toyota Hybrid. Ran rough until I put in the pure gasoline and then the roughness went away with time. Just as a precaution, I did put in a bottle of additive/system cleaner, too. My friend, an APS mechanic for 35 years, said there should be no issues....and there weren't.

Now, if it was my Harley, that tank would have to get drained ASAP.....:cool:

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts