Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have enough mechanical knowledge to pull parts no problem, but not sure if it's worth the effort. Any advice? Anyone here need a part?

Edit: Car runs, but I basically slept all day yesterday so I haven't checked the extent of the damage. It was a low speed head on collision. No injuries except soreness and bruises. Airbags did not deploy. Front end is smashed. Front bumper, and driver side fender is destroyed. Grill looks bent in. No leaking fluid but like I said I haven't checked for extent of damage yet. Pretty content to just get rid of it and buy another older vehicle. Wondering if I can't pull some parts and sell them online before I send car to the scrap yard. Is it worth trying to sell on craigslist? Any other options I should consider?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I have enough mechanical knowledge to pull parts no problem, but not sure if it's worth the effort. Any advice? Anyone here need a part?
I don't need a part.
I doubt anyone can tell you what you know and what you're thinking better than yourself. My advice is.....ask yourself the same questions you just asked us.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
If you have the time and know how, you can make more parting out, than just dumping. But it is time and labor intensive.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
If you have the time and know how, you can make more parting out, than just dumping. But it is time and labor intensive.
Also space...Things only he knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Space is at a premium so I'm not going to be saving any doors or fenders or bumpers. I think I've decided it's just not worth it for me to do much with this car unless there is specifically one or two parts you all would recommend me pulling that have decent value and high demand?

I posted it on craigslist for cheap but I don't have much hope anyone is going to buy it... should I just start contacting scrap yards?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Space is at a premium so I'm not going to be saving any doors or fenders or bumpers. I think I've decided it's just not worth it for me to do much with this car unless there is specifically one or two parts you all would recommend me pulling that have decent value and high demand?

I posted it on craigslist for cheap but I don't have much hope anyone is going to buy it... should I just start contacting scrap yards?
If the battery is still good? Fuses? Alternator? Power steering pump? Starter? Brake rotor, Caliper??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Live in the Washington DC area. The only thing that I suspect would be damaged is the radiator but It's probably fine too. I have the car on craigslist and 24hr lemons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have time, try scrapping some parts, the windshield for example might be valuable if intact. Still the best option would be to try and sell it to someone interested in refurbishing the car. Even though it takes more time, it's a win-win situation as i see it. First of all you'll get more money than a scrap yard would give you and secondly you'd give the car a chance for a new life. I was in a similar situation when i was trying to get rid of my dad's old van. He liked it very much and couldn't cope with the idea that it would be taken apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts