Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. i decided to black out the inside of the headlights. i tried a heatgun, and i couldnt get it to work. So someone replied they threw them into the oven for a couple minutes and they came apart easy.
well i did that.

game over headlight.
Clear housing completely melted in 2 minutes.

guess who cant drive now?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
****! I could have told you that would have happened. I had an issue with my headlights a while back when I ran halogens that were too hot, (100-95w) when the Accent's headlights could only handle (60-55w)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That does suck. I've been thinking of doing that mod, but don't have any previous experience in these kind things. Maybe my stock lights are fine...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
ok here is the thing, you are not suppose to warm up the oven in such temp(cant remember now), then keeping the same temp you put the headlights on for 2 min. I'm not sure what you did wrong, but either you put it in since the beginning or you left it for too long, on mine i left it for too long.

·
1,565 Posts
I set my oven for the lowest temp, I can't remember what it was, like 250 or something, I also vented the door a bit. In addition I checked on them often. All that was in the write-up, wherever it was.

Sorry you melted your headlights, that really sucks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
250 is too hot, thats getting close to the melting point.

to "warm" them the oven should be on for 200 degrees or less for 5 minutes. If you start smelling the headlight then it is too hot or it has been in for too long.
I had no issue when I split my headlight apart. Its only used to warm up the glue/silicone the holds the headlight together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts