Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys see the photos for Sherwood's Sonata dash kit? I say it looks really good, especially in that Black Cherry trim (I think that's what it is)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello there.

Yes, you are correct. The finish is Charcoal Cherry (code:AS)
And also an Overlay kit.

From the other thread.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t47661-sport...ell-sort-of.htm
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 26 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317129
Hey ELation... Speaking of sporting wood...

I am considering buying a dash kit for my 2011 Sonata Limited. Sherwood has some kits, but in order to get the parts I want, I need to buy 2 different kits, and toss a bunch of parts I don't want.
Here is a suggestion: Come out with a kit that covers the Just Piano Black Areas... Basically the AC Vent covers, and the Door Trim, PLUS the window switch bezels. Basically your kit 4137, minus 4134,07 and 08, plus pieces 4135-24, 4135-25, 4135-26, and 4135-27. Perhaps without the center console parts by the cup holders.
I'd bet you would (wood!) get some takers here. Comments?
Thanks for your suggestion, we'll look into it.

4135-07 and 08, The price of the kit wouldn't change without them because they are cut from pieces 4135-10 and 11. We still have to use the same amount of material regardless.

This may come surprise to most of you, but 2011 Sonata has two different front door trims. Also two different rear trims (with and without rear seat heater buttons)

Notice the door trims in Kit 4136 have long tails?

Again, we will look into it. I hope we can revise some and make better kits for everyone. But same time, we can not make too many variations. Kits with navigation are coming soon too.

Thank you.

kits are also available in other finishes including real carbon fiber.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This kit actually looks pretty good. It looks like it reduces the overall busyness of the sonata interior by making all those competing areas one finish.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ Apr 28 2010, 12:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317658
Hello there.

Yes, you are correct. The finish is Charcoal Cherry (code:AS)
And also an Overlay kit.

From the other thread.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t47661-sport...ell-sort-of.htm

Thanks for your suggestion, we'll look into it.

4135-07 and 08, The price of the kit wouldn't change without them because they are cut from pieces 4135-10 and 11. We still have to use the same amount of material regardless.

This may come surprise to most of you, but 2011 Sonata has two different front door trims. Also two different rear trims (with and without rear seat heater buttons)

Notice the door trims in Kit 4136 have long tails?

Again, we will look into it. I hope we can revise some and make better kits for everyone. But same time, we can not make too many variations. Kits with navigation are coming soon too.

Thank you.
EL'ation -
Thank you for the reply. A couple of questions...
1. I understand the rear door switch trims.. w/ or w/o heated seats. My Limited has the long tails... what cars have "short tails"?
2. I see that you offer real wood and simulated wood. Do you have an opinion on Real vs. Simulated?
3. Can I order samples of the finishes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Apr 28 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317760
Are you guys working on a kit for Sonata's with Navigation?
Yes, it was patterned last week, so should be released in a day or two.

QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 28 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317769
EL'ation -
Thank you for the reply. A couple of questions...
1. I understand the rear door switch trims.. w/ or w/o heated seats. My Limited has the long tails... what cars have "short tails"?
2. I see that you offer real wood and simulated wood. Do you have an opinion on Real vs. Simulated?
3. Can I order samples of the finishes?

Thanks!
1. Every other model other than Limited I believe.
2. Most of times, it's hard to tell the difference, unless it's between real and simulated Carbon Fiber. But the real wood, you have to be really careful installing it.
it's more brittle, so make sure you put it on right at first time. The natural cherry is very nice though.
3. Yes you can but they come attached to a board. Hence a Sample Board. Unfortunately, $10 fee applies.

But if you want, I can send you 800x533 scanned shots. Just tell me what finish you want to see. But what you see on the screen won't be 100% accurate.
Feel free to ask more questions. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ Apr 28 2010, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317796
Yes, it was patterned last week, so should be released in a day or two.

1. Every other model other than Limited I believe.
2. Most of times, it's hard to tell the difference, unless it's between real and simulated Carbon Fiber. But the real wood, you have to be really careful installing it.
it's more brittle, so make sure you put it on right at first time. The natural cherry is very nice though.
3. Yes you can but they come attached to a board. Hence a Sample Board. Unfortunately, $10 fee applies.

But if you want, I can send you 800x533 scanned shots. Just tell me what finish you want to see. But what you see on the screen won't be 100% accurate.
Feel free to ask more questions. :)
I would like to see :

AJ MAJESTIC BURL

AT BIRD'S EYE BORDEAUX

CN CABERNET BURL

N50 *WALNUT BURL

CN Lavishwood

AV Red Burl

PM me if you need my email

·
Registered
79 Posts
Navigation kits are just released. 6 kits for 2011 Sonata so far, it's a big headache compare to 2 kits for 2011 Toyota Sienna.
Hopefully everything is correct. :)

One for Limited (Rear heated seats and longer front door switch pieces) and one for others.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 4 2010, 09:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319414
Navigation kits are just released. 6 kits for 2011 Sonata so far, it's a big headache compare to 2 kits for 2011 Toyota Sienna.
Hopefully everything is correct. :)

One for Limited (Rear heated seats and longer front door switch pieces) and one for others.

Can't seem to find this on the site yet.

I see that you have image links, but they don't show in the post. I also don't get anything when I cut and paste
(http://www.sherwoodinnovations.com/shadowsheets/4155.gif)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry, looks like our server is going in and out today.
We got some phone calls today about it and IT guys are working on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (louky @ May 4 2010, 05:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319560
i can't see any dash kits or pricing listed on that autoanything site, but i did find some here:

http://www.carid.com/2011-hyundai-sonata-w...rain-dash-kits/

i would like to add one of these kits to my black se interior, but i don't want to be the guinea pig. hopefully someone will eventually try them out and post pics!

Those kits are not from our company and I can see that they only have one kind of door shape there.
I understand what you are saying.
But if you decide to order and have a problem, we won't leave you hanging.
Just let us know and we'll send you the right pieces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts