Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took my little accent to the mountains this weekend and was really looking forward to driving it for first time in the twisties with strut bar, bigger tires, sri. WOw! It handles amazingly well and I can't get over how much more fun it is to drive! It handed every turn and hill with confidence. the deep growl of the intake rocks as does that whine. it actually grows on you- sounds like a turbo. ;-)

anyhow, i avergaed 37 mpg too after about 250 miles of driving. not too bad!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (RoosterSauce @ Nov 1 2010, 12:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367937
It's all about fun per gallon, and 37 mpg is pretty good if you were having fun.
I'll take smiles per gallon over miles per gallon anyday. Luckily, this car is pretty decent at both.

As the saying goes, I would rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. Around my parts, an Accent keeps pace with any sportscar in rush hour traffic. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's like this, could i buy a new mustang? sure. if i did, where could i wind that puppy out? no where!!! i would be going 80-90 in 2nd gear and that's it! how fun is that??

my little accent on the other hand, i can wind her out in all 5 gears and still be going under 80 and have lots of fun!!!

point is, i can have alot of fun- going through gears winding her out to 5k rpm or so- in this little car versus a more hp car. track is only place you can really have fun with a 9billion hp sports car.

:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the most fun with the accent as well on hilly windy roads, actually feel due for a drive soon.... before it turns from asphalt to ice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (pjoduo @ Nov 1 2010, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367986
I have the most fun with the accent as well on hilly windy roads........
Agree, no fun if you don't have to work the gears and the pedals. Amazed at the handling from my econobox with my SRI, strut and wide tires. Took it up the local mountain, (Cyprus) thought it might make it all the way in 5th but, with three in the car, had to drop down briefly. Then I had to drop down years ago with my BMW 2002.

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE (tompark @ Nov 1 2010, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368000
Agree, no fun if you don't have to work the gears and the pedals. Amazed at the handling from my econobox with my SRI, strut and wide tires. Took it up the local mountain, (Cyprus) thought it might make it all the way in 5th but, with three in the car, had to drop down briefly. Then I had to drop down years ago with my BMW 2002.
omg I want a 2002 why would you get one and then not keep [email protected]!!!!!!! :wub:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (tompark @ Nov 1 2010, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368000

yes i bet if hyundai USA put a car with the strut bar, wider tires, SRI on the market as the "sport" model, it would sell!

totally different (better) feel to the car with those 3 things!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts