Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
At 500kms with a stone chip on the front grill. Would you fix this? If yes, can you tell me how?
Yikes. I think you may be SOL in terms of fixing the chrome. You may want to consider using plasti dip and going to all black like others have done on the SF Sport. Then you could fill in the chip and plasti dip over it.

Alternatively, (although very doubtful) you could try the dealer and see if they sell the individual slats. If I recall from when I had the front bumper off, those slats actually attach with fasteners or screws from the back of the grill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll look into the plasti dip. Never heard of it. It's not so much the stone chip that hurts. It's the way the chrome wrap bubbled up around the chip.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll look into the plasti dip. Never heard of it. It's not so much the stone chip that hurts. It's the way the chrome wrap bubbled up around the chip.
There's and excellent write up in the DM + Santa Fe forum it shows the prep and finished product.

At the very least I'd cover it before the freeze/thaw cycle starts, put a piece of paper to cover the blistered area the cover with Aluminum tape. The paper so you don't peal off the blistered area, Aluminum tape is for aesthetics vs. a duct tape look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts