Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a 2005 XG350 with very low mileage. I own an Entrourage and have been extremely happy with it and Hyundai (even though it is really a Kia!). I am asking is you would buy yours again? why or why not? Another issue is it was owned by a smoker. Anybody know of a sure fire way to get rid of that smell? The dealer's attempt of pumping in "new car smell" makes it worse!

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
First, my '01 XG300 is a salvage car, having totaled by a front end collision. I bought it rebuilt w/ 48,000 miles on it, with (naturally) no warranty, and got a pretty good deal on it. There was one owner after the rebuild, and I bought from him. I've now got about 90,000 miles on it.

I've had some maintenance/wearouts/failures with the car, ranging from a warped rotor to bad alternator, to a seized A/C compressor, and I've changed plugs and wires and all the timing parts - belt, tensioner, pulleys, etc. All of these were the same types of things that would happen to any other car. I've gone through tires and brakes and oil changes just like any car. We are fortunate in that I can do all the work on my car myself.

I'd buy another one in a skinny minute. I love my XG. My only issue with this car and an 02 Sonata I used to own is that I would like an inch more headroom. The XG package is a good luxury-esque model for a good price, the V6 performs well, the car is easy to handle, and it tends to get decent fuel mileage.

That 'smoker' aspect distresses me though, and not JUST because I quit smoking 12 years ago after 30 years of serious smoking (proud of that, BTW), but smoking in a car is really bad on the interior. It makes adhesives let go and deteriorates fabric, and can stain plastics, and as you've noticed, it stinks. You might try Fabreeze, Odo-Ban, and for a cleaner, Simple Green. If anything will do it, it will be those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts