Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
What about "memory seats"?

Most of us can't afford to buy a second SFS for the wife so we don't have to keep readjusting the seat, mirrors & steering wheel. :D
John
Haha. I will give you that one...memory seats would be a great feature to have if you need to share the car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another big point for me is the interior lighting. All the buttons etc, are in RED... I hate that colour for an interior. I find the blue's a much nicer colour, especially at night then the red...
Ditto. My wife's Tiguan and her previous Audi A4 both had red interior and gauge lighting and I can't stand it. It's not pleasant to me.

I love the blues that Hyundai uses. I also loved my old Volvo's lighting, a soft green.

Little things like that don't matter to many people, but I will pass on a perfectly good car because of the color of lighting.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The SFS and the Sorento are basically the same vehicle in regards to drive train, underpinnings etc. They do offer different options and if you could pick and choose between both you could get exactly what you wanted for sure!
However when it comes time to make a choice I feel that the SFS is a better looking vehicle both inside and out. I agree with the comments re the red lighting it is nt aesthetically pleasing to me. Also the exterior styling is still a bit on the boxy side. Love the fact that you can get the power lift gate and the memory seats but overall it is the styling of the SFS that tips the scale for me.

Good luck with your choice! ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but the 3 row seat Sorento rides on the SFS platform. The SF is the only one currently on the long wheel base. I was able to get all the way in the back and sit in the seat of the SF LWB (nearing 60). I wouldnt want to be a passenger back their for long. (Not much head room) I could ride back there if more head room was available.

BTW- I actually drove both and decided on the SFS base on overall appearance.

It would however be nice to have:
self-leveling HID headlights, 19-inch chrome wheels, and red-painted brake calipers.

I'll have the HID headlights, but will have to adjust leveling. :(

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
There's rumours of Kia adding a bigger SUV above the size of Sorento but Peter Schreyer, Chief Designer at Kia and now in overall charge of Hyundai-Kia Group has admitted in a press interview that it's Hyundai's model range that needs his attention over the next 6-10 years, specifically to widen the gap between Kia and Hyundai and stop them competing against each other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally drove the SF limited. Can't say it cleared up my decision between the 2 cars. The extra space and the captain's chairs in the SF are nice, but there are also some nice extras in the Sorento that would be nice to have (HID bulbs, memory seats, ventilated seats, 2nd row cup holders)...

·
Registered
104 Posts
We are looking at the Sorento since it has nice features and a V-6, but I much prefer both the exterior and interior design of the SFS. And now that the SFS has added a bunch of tech for '14, it is now only missing power tailgate, power folding mirrors, and memory mirrors vs the Sorento.

Also, to get the Xenons on a Sorento, you have to get the SX-L which comes with ugly chrome wheels (IMO). Sorento is also more expensive.

I did go on the Sorento forums to ask if anyone cross-shopped the SFS. Pretty much all of them said they chose the Sorento over SFS due to the V6 engine and gas mileage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We are looking at the Sorento since it has nice features and a V-6, but I much prefer both the exterior and interior design of the SFS. And now that the SFS has added a bunch of tech for '14, it is now only missing power tailgate, power folding mirrors, and memory mirrors vs the Sorento.

Also, to get the Xenons on a Sorento, you have to get the SX-L which comes with ugly chrome wheels (IMO). Sorento is also more expensive.

I did go on the Sorento forums to ask if anyone cross-shopped the SFS. Pretty much all of them said they chose the Sorento over SFS due to the V6 engine and gas mileage.
Goblue99 - before you decide on the Sorento; sit in the driver's seat, and adjust it to where you are comfortable and then get out and sit in the passenger seat behind it. Your knees will probably be jammed right into the Sorento's driver's seat-back.

Now, try and adjust that 2nd row seat to get you some much needed knee room............ oh, that's right - you can't because they don't slide fore and aft.:eek:

I give the SF/S kudos for having a sliding 2nd row seat and lots of passenger legroom.

I am 6' tall - which is average height... and I couldn't ride in the rear seat of a Sorento. SF/S ? Not problem.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sure why not consider it?

My sister has a Sorento and likes it. I think fit and finish would be comparable, and the vehicles are about same size. Strictly from an asthetic perspective, imuch prefer the SF inside and out over the Sorento. I sat in one at the dealer a few months ago, and I know the 2014 is different, but I hated the dash. Outside, I finder the Sorento looks....fat on profile. I saw one today and thought the same thing. Again, these are just my thoughts based on my personal preferences. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D
I took one for a test drive, by the time I made it from the dealer to the gas station. I turned to my wife and said I don't like the dash. She looked at me and said it looked cheap. You have to look at that dash every time you get in the vehicle and if it stood out that fast we were never going to like it!
That is my opinion.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Goblue99 - before you decide on the Sorento; sit in the driver's seat, and adjust it to where you are comfortable and then get out and sit in the passenger seat behind it. Your knees will probably be jammed right into the Sorento's driver's seat-back.

Now, try and adjust that 2nd row seat to get you some much needed knee room............ oh, that's right - you can't because they don't slide fore and aft.:eek:

I give the SF/S kudos for having a sliding 2nd row seat and lots of passenger legroom.

I am 6' tall - which is average height... and I couldn't ride in the rear seat of a Sorento. SF/S ? Not problem.
SFS rear seat only slide forward not back. I am 6' and I sat in rear seat while wife drove both the SFS and the 14 Sorento. I found no difference in leg room. Both were more than adequate for this size vehicle.B)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone knows the right bulb size for low beam?
Doesn't seem like the right thread for this question, not to mention the thread is almost 7 years old.

But in keeping on topic - The pre-2016 generation of Sorentos don't drive as nice or feel as nice as the equiv Santa Fes 2013-2017 ?). Those Sorentos ride hard and look cheap. They're more masculine looking to me than the Santa Fes though. Maybe that'll help someone looking at older used vehicles.

That being said I traded my 2013 Santa Fe Sport Limited for a 2016 Sorento SX Turbo and man what an upgrade in terms of ride quality, materials, workmanship, features, attention to detail.. just everything. I'm sure the newer Santa Fes are similar compared to my 2013, though. Massive upgrade in NVH which is what I was after the most.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Coronavirus got all these n00bs sitting at home signing up for forums and bringing threads back from the dead. Holy crap.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts