Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you try a grill like this on your GT? I just cant imagine what it would look like, overall at least.. This is on a Veloster, I think it looks pretty good on a totally tricked out ride, but would be out of place on a mostly stock car.

(random google image, unknown credit)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Would you try a grill like this on your GT? I just cant imagine what it would look like, overall at least.. This is on a Veloster, I think it looks pretty good on a totally tricked out ride, but would be out of place on a mostly stock car.

Looks decent on that Veloster, but I've never been a fan of billet grills. They look cheap to me. Ymmv

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't think it'd go well, partly because of the bumper and small billets just don't do it. On the VT, the whole opening is meant for a grill and is not halved by the bumper part.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't think it'd go well, partly because of the bumper and small billets just don't do it. On the VT, the whole opening is meant for a grill and is not halved by the bumper part.
the bar in the middle is a removable piece on all Elantra models, including ours.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bar in the middle is a removable piece on all Elantra models, including ours.
Really, I was unaware of that, I though on the center portion sedan and the GT with the sedan style grill they are not removable. That is intersting because I actually like the sedan style painted grill better myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I think it looks AWESOME but keep in mind that I also drove a 2012 Focus HB so I love the look of that grill.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Really, I was unaware of that, I though on the center portion sedan and the GT with the sedan style grill they are not removable. That is intersting because I actually like the sedan style painted grill better myself.
the screws or what have you that keep all the pieces together are on the back side of the bumper cover, you can only get to them by taking the bumper cover off the car.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the screws or what have you that keep all the pieces together are on the back side of the bumper cover, you can only get to them by taking the bumper cover off the car.
Looked on ebay really quick, it does not look like on the Sedan that middle section is removable.

www.ebay.com/itm/181127972071

Do the sedan and the GT have the same bumper though, as I know some countries that middle portion on the GT is painted and they have the same grill as the sedan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nope. That looks ridiculous in IMHO. It would need to look narrower and longer to look "good" as far as I'm concerned. If you like that look then go for it - more power to ya Elantra bro :)

S

·
0 Posts
In Hawaii with Elantra Gt. Yes would like a billet grill for:
Lower portion below bumper.
Yes online car part schematic drawings show the elantra gt with what appears to be a different bumper configuration that is perhaps painted, similar to the I30 and maybe the design of what is available on the car (I think Canadian versions of I30 have painted bumpers).
If on we're replacing or changing bumpers I would definitely put in some front bumper sensors because the lower front can hit and scrape.

Really like this car this car the suspensions little stiff overall its a cool fun car to tool around. Got the glass sunroof really don't use it as much as I thought I would I would think twice about getting it, but the black glass in the silver paint makes a striking contrast to the overall look of the car, sweet.

PS I really want to figure out how to remove the rear bumper put in rear bumper sensors to the license plate housing and also rear camera through the license plate light housing haven't quite figured out how to remove the bumper yet there are splash guard so that might be holding it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts