Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm toying with the idea of running 14" summer tires. I've found wheels that might fit from an earlier model Accent, only they're 5" instead of 5.5" wide. Would this be a problem?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the stock 14 inch steel wheels for the RB are 5 inch, so you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
btw VelvetFoot, you got mail! :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Interesting.... I have a PDF version of the 2012 Accent dealer's brochure. It shows the 14's are 5 inch.. (see snip below) .. I guess they went to 5.5 in 2013...

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually have no idea why. Could TPMS be involved somehow? In searching I found a manufacturer website in Australia that referenced 14" alloy wheels as accessories, but can find nothing in US. It seems the cars come with 14" steelies or 16" alloys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here in Canada, the top model, the GLS version (SE in US) come with the 16" alloys. The base model (L) and Intermiedaite model (GL) come with the 14x5.5 steelies.

I got an GL and when i bought it, i ask my saleman to put it on 14" alloys wheels and put the steelies on winter tires (So the deal was, free winter tire and alloys) it was this or nothing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hummm strange... Maybe in the US they came with 5" and in Canada in 5.5"???

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I took a peek at the 2013 Canadian Accent brochure.. The 2013 models come with 5.0" rims too.. I'm guessing it's what VelvetFoot pointed out.. It's probably because of the TPMS. We don't have that feature on Canadian Accents.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took a peek at the 2013 Canadian Accent brochure.. The 2013 models come with 5.0" rims too.. I'm guessing it's what VelvetFoot pointed out.. It's probably because of the TPMS. We don't have that feature on Canadian Accents.
Our Canadian Accent don`t have TPMS? Why that`s... i was pretty to have this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts