Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I read, some tech updates in 2014 and minor front/rear updates..

Should I wait for the 2014 Sonata? Imagine it would be the same pricing as now?

and the never ending question... WHY should I get the navigation package when in a year or so, the tech will be outdated... and the yearly map updates pricing.. blah..

I am really just waxing/waning on whether to get the navi upgrade. Looks great, convenient.. AND it has the backup camera.... but then I think.. I can by a tomtom portable and just an aftermarket rearview camera for a fraction of the cost!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bought a new '13 Hybrid. Incentives are great right now. I don't think it (hybrid) will change at all and IF the center stack is changing to the photos we have all seen I like the '13 better anyway. Other than the cool new DRLs in the fogs on the standard version I don't think the styling is that much better/different.

As for the in-dash nav. I think the package is worth it. Integration is nice and you don't have a 3rd party item dangling from your dash/windshield with a power cord too.

The nav/pano roof is a package I think. I would do it just for the roof. It is amazing! I love ours.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
1. Get the NAV and roof package. Worth it's weight in gold. As far as 13 vs 14, all depends on pricing. If you buy a 13 now, it is instantly one model year old as soon as the 14s are here (maybe days away). Why does that matter - trade in value years later. It is significant.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I keep hearing the '14 models will have adjustable steering settings (button on steering wheel). Considering how many people have steering complaints it could be a worthwhile feature.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I wouldn't count on the adjustable steering setting on the steering wheel being in the '14 model as of now it's in the Korean model only and the KDM has a lot of functions the USDM doesn't have.... so until more info has been published for the US model.... consider the steering setting as non existant! and don't consider it

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I wouldn't count on the adjustable steering setting on the steering wheel being in the '14 model as of now it's in the Korean model only and the KDM has a lot of functions the USDM doesn't have.... so until more info has been published for the US model.... consider the steering setting as non existant! and don't consider it
Pat---our USDM Elantra GT has the adjustable steering so I think it is fair game to expect it in our "Brilliant".

'14 is only worth the wait if you want something that the current car doesn't have. Otherwise, the '13s are a very good deal now. Also, it looks like incentives carried over from July so one more month to cash in on the clearance prices.

I am waiting because I like the new fog lights and the interior colors on the 14/Brilliant. Besides, my car will be paid off then so I can either have 2 Sonatas or a very good down payment on a new one.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I'm still waiting for the 2014 Genesis. Any rumors on when that may be in showrooms?
Genesis is supposed to debut at the NY Auto Show next April so it may be a while before you see it for sale.

That's all speculation because it could hit LA in November and come to the showfloor around December/January.

However, I doubt it will hit before the Sonata. Its just a numbers thing---Sonata outsells the Gen Sedan and Coupe by a pretty wide margin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got over $5500 off MSRP for my new Hybrid. That was incentive enough to buy the '13.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Genesis is supposed to debut at the NY Auto Show next April so it may be a while before you see it for sale.

That's all speculation because it could hit LA in November and come to the showfloor around December/January.

However, I doubt it will hit before the Sonata. Its just a numbers thing---Sonata outsells the Gen Sedan and Coupe by a pretty wide margin.
I've seen speculation about Dec/Jan as well. April seems a bit late to introduce a 2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts