Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A new Accent hatch owner all the way from Cape Town South Africa here :3gears: A week ago I took ownership on my first 2017 Accent hatch model (grey in colour) and been loving it thus far. Already ordered my leather shifter which iv seen off some of the older posts on the forum (iv got a lot of reading to go through so many pages :surprise: ).

I would like to ask if anyone can provide me with a workshop manual on the hatch model I believe our version here would be an SE model with the 16" wheels and extra's. The car is under a service plan and warranty so no need to worry about mechanical issues I just want to be sure none of the plastic clips, panels and interior items is missing or wrong (the manual should tell me whats missing and how to remove panels correctly).

Many thanks! :beer:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Welcome.. I was in Capetown a couple of years ago. Lovely city.

Hyundai USA had the shop manual available for download for free on their web site. But, they stopped doing that in 2013. One of the forum members uploaded the manual to a file site. You should be able to download it from here: Dev-Host - Accent - 2013 RB - G 1.6 GDI - 20130522.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

This is the 2013 USA manual. There will be some differences. Most notably it won't show the right hand drive that you have. There will also be some differences in the radio and interior trim. But, it should cover the body fittings. The diagrams could be a little more clear, but it's better than nothing.

Post some pictures!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post some pictures!
Many thanks for the help, I will have a look :smile:

Unfortunately my post count too low so it will not allow me to post any pics :| I do have 2 or 3 at the moment they just basement parking and one dealership pic, unfortunately, I haven't had time to take a nice scenic ride yet to get some sunshine and backdrops.
The clear sunny skies will be gone by the time I leave work today as the weather turning quite bad later as a serious cold front approaching later this evening (Cape Town weather can have all seasons in one day!) and looks to stay for the rest of the weekend so lots of rain and wind on the cards.

Cherio!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the help, I will have a look :smile:

Unfortunately my post count too low so it will not allow me to post any pics :| I do have 2 or 3 at the moment they just basement parking and one dealership pic, unfortunately, I haven't had time to take a nice scenic ride yet to get some sunshine and backdrops.
The clear sunny skies will be gone by the time I leave work today as the weather turning quite bad later as a serious cold front approaching later this evening (Cape Town weather can have all seasons in one day!) and looks to stay for the rest of the weekend so lots of rain and wind on the cards.

Cherio!
Wait I think I read wrong, let me try!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very nice! I didn't see many RB Accents when I was there in 2014. I wanted to rent one (to say that I've driven an Accent from both front seats) , but the places that did carry them had them all rented out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! I didn't see many RB Accents when I was there in 2014. I wanted to rent one (to say that I've driven an Accent from both front seats) , but the places that did carry them had them all rented out.

Yeah, there ain't much so sourcing a clean example was a mission. I've already got the bug to start doing small things. I done a nice semi-dark tint and ordered the leather shift knob but cannot seem to find a thin black plastic front spoiler/lip that I could fit to lower the front look a bit.

I'm not too keen on these universal plastic/rubberish stick on lip would prefer a solid stiff plastic item.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah, there ain't much so sourcing a clean example was a mission. I've already got the bug to start doing small things. I done a nice semi-dark tint and ordered the leather shift knob but cannot seem to find a thin black plastic front spoiler/lip that I could fit to lower the front look a bit.

I'm not too keen on these universal plastic/rubberish stick on lip would prefer a solid stiff plastic item.

So.... after extensive searching and options, the best fit and finish for a lip came in the form of a 'Samurai Rubber Skirt'. Quality is perfect in terms of a universal lip as its a strong, flexible rubber that retains its shape and won't tear easily.

Fitting was simple (surprising I lined it up that easily going along). Used the wife's hair dryer to heat the 3M tape as I removed the liner and stuck to the bumper after cleaning it with a wash and wiping pads that came with the lip.

images attached to see the outcome.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts