Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my car back from K&N after about a week of testing and whatnot, anyway I talk to the people form K&N and they told me they do the testing in two units and after that takes some more time for development, my car was number one, so they are still loking for that second car, So Ca ( I.E would be even better) to finish the product. The car need to have more that 1000 miles in the ODO. They will keep/test the car for a week, they will give u a rental for that time and when the product is done, they would give u a kit, how awesome is that !!! Interested ?? Send me ur information on a PM and I will contact this person on K&N they will contact u right away. By the way I'm also trying to get a GB on the system they told me once everything is done I can contact them and they would do the best to make that happen, so lets keep fingers crossed on this one.

·
Registered
854 Posts
**** you So-Cal!!

·
Banned
630 Posts
how did the K&N do on the 2.4 GDI? (or did they yank it off b4 u got it back?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are still working and doing all the develpment on the system, but they told me the dyno was pretty good on the car, they just provide me with the dyno of the stock engine, kinda low the HP, but anyway... So who is ready to get help out and get a free system ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is this for a full-blown CAI/FWI or a drop-in? I live on the other end of the country, but just curious. I'm assuming it's the former.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not sure if I can live without my car for a week. Might be a possibility though.

Also not sure if they need a completely stock car or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live in loma linda, ca which is very close to san bernardino. how far is this place from here? do you know if they think a cai will increase performance significantly on a Direct injection engine

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think overall, have a little faith and hopefully increased a little bit the HP on our beloved cars, and at least a little more raspy exhaust noise, I don't know is just a chance to help make a difference on it.

·
Banned
630 Posts
****...if K&N was in NY, they could have my car for months (as long as I get a free filter kit after) :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I may be interested in a group buy if it happens.
I wouldn't hold my breath looking for a major power gain. My guess would be 3-5 HP at the most.
You will notice increased intake noise under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At this point I'm just waiting for them to give me a call when the product is launch to the public, I talk to the person I treat this deal and they told me they are willing to work a GB once the release the product but is gonna take some time probably another two months, let see I will keep u guys posted on this matter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts