Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought both these books on eBay for around 30 and 20 respectively. was worth it cause it is easier to use while fixing the car rather than risking damaging my phone. had some on there asking for almost 300 just for the book.

so if you got a similar vehicle message me and i'll send you a pic of the page(s) that may help you. book is to long to attempt to make a PDF sorry(plus legal stuff).

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Info on the TPS sensor troubleshooting...
If he has the factory service manual you may find it a bit troublesome to understand. What is the vehicle doing that you need help with the TPS? Did your CEL turn on and you got a code for the TPS?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If he has the factory service manual you may find it a bit troublesome to understand. What is the vehicle doing that you need help with the TPS? Did your CEL turn on and you got a code for the TPS?
Yes exactly.
The code is P0121
I replaced the tps with new one but Cel still turn back on a couple of drive after installing new one

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
what info you looking for?
So you know what you may have opened yourself up to. Look at how much time it'll take just to get all the info on just this simple request. Believe me the TPS is very simple compared to about anything else.
Nothing wrong with wanting to help people but you may want to limit the info you offer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So you know what you may have opened yourself up to. Look at how much time it'll take just to get all the info on just this simple request. Believe me the TPS is very simple compared to about anything else.
Nothing wrong with wanting to help people but you may want to limit the info you offer.
Please if you need info to help me out am ready to give you.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Yes exactly.
The code is P0121
I replaced the tps with new one but Cel still turn back on a couple of drive after installing new one

Ask him for the trouble tree to diagnose a P0121 code.
You'll find out why they call them trouble trees.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Please if you need info to help me out am ready to give you.

I have respect for your willingness to help. I've been in the business for many years. Retired from it in March this year. Like you I'm here to help those I can.
Thanks,
BTW that guy needs the flow chart for code P0121

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Hi Sir
Can you help with trouble tree of diagnosing P0121?

First thing is to read the entire flow chart and the circuit description. Do that until you understand how the system works. If you don't and you just follow the flow chart you will find out why we call them trouble trees. They many times will lead to replacing perfectly good parts. In your case the PCM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
First thing is to read the entire flow chart and the circuit description. Do that until you understand how the system works. If you don't and you just follow the flow chart you will find out why we call them trouble trees. They many times will lead to replacing perfectly good parts. In your case the PCM.
OK nice
So am waiting if possible he can help me out with the flow chat so I can read it up.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
what info you looking for?
I have respect for your willingness to help. I've been in the business for many years. Retired from it in March this year. Like you I'm here to help those I can.
Thanks,
BTW that guy needs the flow chart for code P0121

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi good day sorry for the late reply i dont see the notifications from this site in my mail often.
@grcauto your point is duly noted i see how that could have been misleading.

so to clarify my position, i am not a mechanic, and i will simply send individuals the corresponding pages in the manual for the issues they have that is all. i am trying to save them from buying the whole book for a simple problem, note the book is aimed at the 2003 version of this car both the 1.5 sohc and the 1.6 dohc, manual and automatic.
@Harry...... i have attached a PDF document with the procedure to test the TPS at the harness area and the result u should receive, also the trouble shooting tree for the error code u listed above,see both PDF files attached, you will need a multi-meter to carry out the test. hopefully this helps your situation. as the other member has posted in some areas it can be a bit hard to understand so i advise you exercise caution when carrying out your repairs.

sorry to anyone that may have been mislead by the original post.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
hi good day sorry for the late reply i dont see the notifications from this site in my mail often.

so to clarify my position, i am not a mechanic, and i will simply send individuals the corresponding pages in the manual for the issues they have that is all. i am trying to save them from buying the whole book for a simple problem, note the book is aimed at the 2003 version of this car both the 1.5 sohc and the 1.6 dohc, manual and automatic.

@Harry...... i have attached a PDF document with the procedure to test the TPS at the harness area and the result u should receive, also the trouble shooting tree for the error code u listed above,see both PDF files attached, you will need a multi-meter to carry out the test. hopefully this helps your situation. as the other member has posted in some areas it can be a bit hard to understand so i advise you exercise caution when carrying out your repairs.

Thank you very much guys.
You helped me today
Will download, read thoroughly and carry out the instructions and as per the manuals you given me.
Will report accordingly afterwards.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts

You did good. If you want to understand how these systems work (any, not just the TPS) just pick one you're interested in learning and start reading. It takes time but if you enjoy learning and have the time to do it yiu will get a much better understanding of the systems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello guys
Am back again, i downloaded and read the tps guide and P0121 diagnostic pdfs.
Thanks again Vaughn

Am stuck however in some part in "P0121 Diagnostic pdf" in the second left box in the diagram which states *Using scan tool, observe Throttle Position (TP) sensor, RPM and MAP sensor output, is the output of TPS and MAP reasonable at each other?

My question is how do i know the reasonability parameters of the TPS and the MAP sensor its asking ?
I have screenshot the obd scanner output for your perusal to see if it makes any sense and explain to me how i can go about it.
And have named the file 1,2,3 which its description is explained below.
Thanks

File 1 = Ignition On, Engine Off (State of Engine RPM, MAP Sensor, TPS not depressed)
File 2 = Ignition On, Engine Off (State of Engine RPM, Map Sensor, TPS fully depressed)
File 3= Ignition, Engine On (State of Engine RPM, Map Sensor, TPS not depressed)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 118 Posts