Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends
Anyone else find the splashes of wood trim on the dash to be a bit odd? I dont think I like the "sporty lux" look. I far prefer the "Textured stone" trim in the wifes sonatta.
I think I want to wrap the wood in some vinyl... relax; it wont be fake carbon fiber!
Maybe a nice textured granite.. see the links below and share your thoughts..

A

B&I® - Hyundai Santa Fe 2013 Interior Dash Kits

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey that's why companies make millions off guys who want to look and be different. To each his own, for me, I like the phony wood look tht came with my Sport.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the grey wouldve worked better for me.. the brown wood reminds me of a 1998 lincoln town car

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's dark enough IMO to look classy rather than cheesy. If it were light brown, it'd be tacky and take away from the interior, but I think they did a pretty good job with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think mine really looks like woodgrain. I have the grey on grey. Mine is more like a fiber weave looking texture. Definitely prefer that over the faux wood. The wife will not go near that stuff with a 10ft pole.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I went with grey interior just so I would not get the wood trim that would come with black interior on the Mineral Grey exterior. I hate wood trim in cars. Makes it look dated instantly IMO. If I were driving a Rolls Royce or something like that, sure. But not on a normal car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went with grey interior just so I would not get the wood trim that would come with black interior on the Mineral Grey exterior. I hate wood trim in cars. Makes it look dated instantly IMO. If I were driving a Rolls Royce or something like that, sure. But not on a normal car.
ha, I eliminated the grey interior for the same reason. Just goes to show... to each their own. Buy what you like.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Maybe the grey wouldve worked better for me.. the brown wood reminds me of a 1998 lincoln town car

I like the brown wood trim in mine, then again, I liked the `98 lincoln town car also..
I just came from a `07 Rav-4, so anything`s a step up...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Where are you guys getting wood on your Santa Fe's? I have a 2013 sport t with no wood??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts