Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow. Definitely not my cup of tea but it does look high quality. Fitment looks good!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Finally the weather was nice enough for me to install the wood trims. Wife hated the look and feel of all the hard plastics, have to admit I did too.

2.5hrs + heat gun =
Looks excellant! :clap:

Have you had experience doing this sort of work?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eccen- There are other finishes that you can select from. This one just suits me better. Fitment and quality is great, glad I went with this kit.

Sav- Appreciate the compliment!

Sin- Thanks bro!

Cheers- This was my first time doing wood trims. It was fairly easy, especially when the pieces were all well cut. Just take your time and stick 'em on, once properly placed blast the heat gun to help promote the adhesive. Also it doesn't hurt that I have selective OCD. =)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
WOW, nicely done YBS.

I too have the gray interior. While I like the gray, it is a LOT of gray. Would be nice to have some contrasting color/material like you have done. I'll check out the other colors. I've had wood grain in my last two cars over the past 8+ years. I'm a little burnt out on wood grain.

YBS, keep the mods coming. :D
John

·
Registered
884 Posts
Forgot to add that the kit I got is the B&I Premium Dash Kit#WD1081D (60 pcs), link to their website below.

Wood Dash Kits, Molded Dash Kits, Wood Steering Wheels, Chrome Rocker Panels and more by B&I
Just visited that site, and saw your kit...Two questions: How easy would it be to re-position a piece (before applying the heat) if you weren`t happy with the fit?

Could one use a hair dryer for the heat source?

Thanks...And again, you did a great job..

Oh yes, one more thing...What wood did you choose? I see several choices on the site.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
golf- Grey is actually my least favorite color, wanted saddle but local dealerships didn't have any at the time.

B&I have 20+ different finishes to choose from, check them out.

Cheers- The adhesive is easy to lift up and readjust before you apply heat. There's no way I could of done on it the first try. It was position, stick, lift, adjust, position, stick, lift, adjust..etc.

Hair dryer should be fine, but be sure to do the project on a warm day as written on the directions.

I got the Dark Burlwood.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good job and looks nice!!:clap:

One question: on the 3rd attached picture, near the door handle, you have some sort of writing or a signature, what's that if I may ask.
Thanks santa, those are LED door handle plate. I have them wired where they will light up(blue) when the ignition is ON.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where can we see this car in person? :D
John
Most time it will probably just be sitting on my driveway. LoL On average I put on 3k-5k miles a year per vehicle. But maybe a road trip is just what I need. This vehicle replaced a 2004 Odyssey that was used for fishing trips and shopping lots. =)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just noticed you have running boards on your car in one of your pictures. How do you find those? Do you find it more difficult to get out of your car? Do you step over them or on them when you get out of your car?

Finally the weather was nice enough for me to install the wood trims. Wife hated the look and feel of all the hard plastics, have to admit I did too.

2.5hrs + heat gun =

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
golf- Grey is actually my least favorite color, wanted saddle but local dealerships didn't have any at the time.
That's what makes the world interesting, we have different preferences. Not right or wrong, just different strokes for different folks. My wife's 2007 Santa Fe had beige interior with wood grain, my 2006 Sonata has beige interior with wood grain, my 2000 Olds Intrigue had saddle with wood grain. I don't remember before that (it su*** to get old). So, gray was a nice change for me.

B&I have 20+ different finishes to choose from, check them out.
I did and I think I like the "real carbon Fiber". But I find it hard to choose from their web site. I've emailed them and asked to have a swatch sent to me. We'll see. Did you make your color choice just from the web site?

...but be sure to do the project on a warm day as written on the directions.
Sounds like a good reason to go to Florida. :auto: :D
John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grant- Getting in/out of the vehicle with the running boards is as easy as without. I usually just step over them but I do have 2 children under 4yo and they use it all the time. I've tested them with a buddy whose roughly 300lbs and it held up just fine. I got mines at koreanautoimports.com

golf- I came across some B&I products at a local stereo/tint shop prior to me ordering a set for the SFS. Haven't seen the "Real Carbon Fiber" finish yet but take some pics for us when you get the sample.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,269 Posts

2.5hrs + heat gun =
Excellent job, Yellowbox. Perfect wood color selection IMO. I love the dark burl wood too. I have the grey interior and was thinking of only covering the areas that are now "black carbon fiber." Those are the areas that have the light wood trim in the beige interior Santa Fe.

Also, what's the story with your headlights? I have seen these on the Korean Auto Imports website. Do they give you DRLs and how have they held up? Install tips?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,269 Posts
I guess Yellowbox is out of the loop, but let's keep this thread humming. Anybody else interested, or have already installed interior trim?

·
Registered
92 Posts
That looks great! And the BW ( beautiful wife ) agrees. We have the saddle seats -- not sure what color wood to decide on but if I may ask so I don't have to "get a quote", what was your cost for the kit?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts