Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed a wood dash kit to your car? Looking to do something like this, but may only about 1/2 of the actual parts. I'm worried this picture looks better than it would actually turn out.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks good, but i would not use all those pieces, too much wood trim. Also I would go with a different type of wood. Take pictures when you get it done.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you like it... More power to you... But to me, that's nasty. Looks like a 1980's Buick!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like wood trim in vehicle's, gives it more of an expensive look. The hard part is choosing the right color. Friend of mine has a lexus and obviously the wood trim is factory installed but it's a deep redwood type color that to me doesn't look that good with his black leather. One of my other vehicle's also has the wood factory installed but it looks great to me because it's a medium brown color and fits well with my gray leather. Like i said the hard part is choosing the right color.
As far as installation goes i don't think it would be too difficult. Check out youtube im sure there's instructional step by step videos.
Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dash Wood Trim Dash Kits

I have put a few of the Dash Wood Trim kits on over the years and have enjoyed each of those cars a little better!

When installing these though, you do have to remove "ALL" traces of products like Armour All or other oily products that so many detailing and dealers use to shine up our plastic interiors. Use the supplied glue activator swabs as directed or if you run out of these, find some 100% Rubbing Alcohol and some lint free pads from your wife's makeup kit!

I have a soft spot for the Brazilian Red wood but lighter or darker interiors work better with different wood designs.

The dark wood color that they used in both of our SFSs seams to have come from a left overs charcoal pit.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Frankly, I am not a fan of plwood. I actually don't mind the SF plwood because it's so dark its not as noticeable. Personally, I would take some carbon fiber or subtle silver accents over this stuff. Now, if we could somehow get real wood, that's a whole different ball of wax....and price range!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts