Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i try to start my accent,95, it wont start, it wont fire on the plugs,and the fuel pump has no power on it,i ran a jumper wire from the battery to the f pump wires and the fuel pump came on, any sugestions would b great

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would imagine that you have a faulty Crank position sensor, the purpose of this component is to relay information to your ECU in regards to when to prime the pump(initially at start up), and open your injectors.

I can tell you how to check for data trouble codes if you like.

On your diagnostics plug above your right most switch panel, you will see there is two rows of pins, and the plug is in a rhombus shape.

Pin numbers go from left to right, with the wide part of the plug being the top
Left side \_-_/ Right side

The top row (wide row) pin numbers range from 1-8 and the bottom row (shorter row) pin numbers range from 9-16.

You must bridge pin numbers 15(which is on the bottom row) with pin number 4(which is on the top row)
These terminals need to be bridged for between 2.5 and 7 seconds, after the ignition has been turned on. Once the engine light begins to flash you can remove the bridging wire.
Your engine light (MIL) will now begin to flash.
The amount of times it flashes in dicates a number.
For example, if the light flashes 4 times followed by a short pause, then followed by another 3 flashes, followed by a short pause, then followed by 2 flashes followed by a short pause, then followed with 1 flash, then a pause before it repeats the code again, indicates that the code stored in the system is 4321, which can be diagnosed using the workshop manual, which I happen to have.
Once you have written down the code, then bridge the terminals again to give the next code, if the next code is 3333, then you have no more codes in the ECU.
If your first code is 4444, then you have no codes to begin with.

Note: I will not be held responsible for anyone who tries this themselves and as a result causes damage to their ECU. This should be left up to the professionals, however can be useful to anybody if the procedure is carried out correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts