Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my right side tail light will be working just fine, other times I'm being told it's not lighting up. Saw it when pulling out of the grocery store lot. Opened the trunk and jiggled the bulb, pulled it out and pushed the bulb into the socket carefully and stuck it back in the light. Not sure if it'll go out again but I'm puzzled at this problem. The bulb is fine, why is it doing this?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Look at the socket. There should be a couple of metal tabs. With a small screwdriver, pull out tabs a little for better contact with bulb.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Look at the socket. There should be a couple of metal tabs. With a small screwdriver, pull out tabs a little for better contact with bulb.
Also, make sure there is dielectric grease on the contacts.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
I had this problem on my Gen Coupe for about 5 years. I had done some wring with it but redid it that and it was still a problem on and off. I could wiggle the wires before the connector and get it to flicker.

Finally took the light out and looked at the connector. Again could see nothing wrong. So I gave the flat male connector pins a bit of a twist, so when they slide into the female part they will make better contact.

Light is good to go now.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm not sure what that is or where to get it.
dielectric grease is a substance that is used in electrical applications, and facilitates the connection while providing a secondary benefit of preventing moisture. You can get it at any auto parts store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts