Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 elantra is a little over a year old now. Never had any battery issues till the other day, Woke up to a completely dead battery, the key fob wouldn't even unlock the doors. Lights were all off when i parked the car and the temps weren't that cold, maybe 20 degrees nothing out of the ordinary for what we've had all winter.

anyone have similar issues?

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx

Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)

Should be covered under warranty - understood you will probably want to figure out WHY it failed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the heads up. I jumped it and it hasn't given me a problem since, it was just very strange. first i thought it was a loose connection but nothing. it was so dead the starter wouldn't even click.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Make sure the cables attached to the battery are tight. A simple loose nut can cause weird intermittent problems like this.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I accidently left the pass. side map light on for a couple days, and the same thing happened to me. It was so dead, neither map lights came on when I tried to start it, but after boosting it, the pass map light was on? and I realized what I did!,,, Duh

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a 96 buick roadmaster estate (land yacht), and had gotten the registration out to do taxes, since i only drove it once in a blue moon the next time i went to drive it the battery was nearly dead and barely cranked, its then i noticed the glove box light *DOH*

·
22,788 Posts
A simple loose nut can cause weird intermittent problems like this.
That's almost verbatim what my wife said about me, Don. And I think she was just as serious as you are! :eek:

·
Registered
439 Posts
when I just came back I found my trucks buttery fully dead, even portable charger couldnt help, the battery drained charger in seconds, so have to use cables connected to another car and then run truck for 2 hours in the garage. Seems now everything is ok, stays on the street with -20C, runs ok...no issues. In summer will re-charge this battery...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts